9 months ago
Delivery Project Manager
Gas & Water
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Delivery Project Manager to join our Water business unit to work in Borehamwood as part of our Thames Water Joint Venture.
What you'll be doing
As a Delivery Project Manager you will:
* Develop, execute & manage tactical implementation plans (PEP) and input from enabling functions
* Be accountable for operations and customer engagements
* Ensure the TW operational business units are not adversely impacted by the projects going on within its operational area
* Maintain the highest SHEQW standards during all stages, proactively seek improvements and communicate learning
* Develop stage budget that is bench-marked and includes schedule of work activities that are resourced and priced
Who we're looking for
* Hold a degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
* Hold a relevant CSCS Card
* Have knowledge and an understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training
* Be experienced in major construction project management , ideally within water infrastructure or other similar industry
* Ideally have solid construction management experience in water infrastructure works
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.