8 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
The Delivery Manager will lead our WSP teams in day to day activities securing land survey access and/or identification of land owners to support planning and acquisition. As Delivery Manager on one or more phases of a major rail infrastructure project you will be responsible for managing the output of the technical delivery teams to meet client objectives in relation to quality, scheduling, governance arrangements and compliance with legislation.
The Delivery Manager role is client facing and will involve managing expectations, leading collaboration (with both client and internal teams) and ensuring that activities are delivered to the required standard and timescales.
A typical week would include:
* Working on one or more phases of a key portfolio of projects with other senior team members
* Delivering a consistent output to the highest standards
* Communicating opportunities and risks to both internal and external stakeholders
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Experience of identifying resource requirements and skills needed for project delivery
* Experience of liaising with other phases to identify skills gaps and resource availability
* The ability to manage the technical delivery for multiple phases or projects
* Experience of liaising with the client on technical queries, regular meetings and implementation of instructions
* The ability to review technical processes/procedures to comply with client technical guidance and best practice
* Experience of planning and managing technical/quality audit schedule and quality assurance processes
* Experience of communicating with multiple technical delivery teams to identify process improvements and deliver a consistent approach (including GIS, Consultation, Data and Project Management)
* Experience of being responsible for key deliverables and KPI maintenance
* Experience of working with P6 Planners to develop a schedule in line with client expectations
* Previously managed project communication, identifying risks and opportunities for discussion with the client and other Section Managers
* The ability to monitor progress of the scope of works in line with the submitted programme and identifying change
* Experience of delivering TWAO, CPO, DCO and Hybrid Bill (advantageous but not essential)
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.