27 days ago
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
Act as the stakeholder interface on site to the delivery of all Amey contractual outputs and manage Supply Chain to ensure that all statutory, mandatory and reactive performance indicators are consistently achieved within area of responsibility.
What will this role involve?
* Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of maintenance and response works in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
* Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
* Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
* Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and, where required, act as Method Statement Coordinator to ensure a consistent approach at site.
* Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
* Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
* Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance and, where required, deliver the requirements for Working at Height and/or Confined Spaces appointments.
* Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Asbestos Responsible Person.
* Ensure compliance with the Legionella management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Legionella Responsible Person.
* Support management in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements including acting as a single point of contact (SPOC) to resolve end user issues.
* Understand operational priorities of the HoE, develop and maintain close working and effective relationships with Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and end users to pro-actively support estate activities and provide professional and technical advice as required.
* Support end users in the development of new work requirements including the provision of formal Additional Works project submissions.
* Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
* Support the Helpdesk in responding to requests for professional and technical advice.
* Provide sufficient and timely supervision, assessment and coaching to ensure teams are performing to agreed service levels, ensuring effectiveness and value for money.
* Coordinate the day to day activities of the site team, monitor the safe working of Skilled Persons, and ensure all operatives follow the requirements for JSP 375.
* Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential.
* Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
* Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
* Contribute to the production of ESTS and FASP across the establishments within your area of responsibility.
* Ensure operations are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business for Amey.
What are we looking for?
Skills & Experience Profile
Demonstrable experience of managing and supervising staff in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
* Management of the operational delivery of Estate Management tasks
* Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
* Planning, directing and controlling activities
* Management of Safe Systems of Work
Experience of supervising site operations, including:
* Planning, directing and controlling activities
* Agreeing scope and priorities of work
* Proactive performance management
* Ability to solve problems and make decisions
Significant practical experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
* Experience of operating in an MOD environment
* Working knowledge of CDM regulations
* Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, Sustainability etc.
* NEC3 contract requirements
* Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility
What makes this role unique?
Project Mange a variety of low value new works from conception through to completion