about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We’re looking for an experienced Delivery Manager to join our team You will have a positive outlook and strong team spirit, you are pro-active and grow with working under pressure. Primarily you will be running software development projects using Agile approaches like Scrum & Kanban. These could include mobile and web application development, cloud based infrastructure projects, IoT software solutions and e-commerce solutions in a regulated environment
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for running software development projects using Agile approaches where possible. Typical work will include new development, platform enhancements, infrastructure upgrades, and any other activity identified as vital.
- Be responsible for keeping your team laser-focused on delivery, leading from the front and actively working to clear the way forward
- Work closely with the technical teams assigned to your projects to plan development, testing and release management.
- Work closely with the technology and engineer leads to make sure priorities and delivery dates align with programme objectives
- Ensure technical resources are aligned to priorities & milestones and resource needs are identified early
- Run scoping sessions, stand-ups and planning sessions to ensure all requirements are captured and associated delivery agreed.
What you’ll bring:
- A proven Software or Technical Delivery Manager with demonstrable experience in delivering quality software using Agile methods in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Must have experience of working with either high volume, regulated, customer-facing transactional systems, OR of event-driven consumer IoT systems.
- Able to Identify & lead delivery dependencies
- Able to run cross functional delivery teams consisting of software developers, QA, UX/UI, other technical resources and SMEs
- Experience of software development projects and the Software Development Lifecycle and of software engineering process & tools
- Delivery focused individual, used to driving teams to achieve results on time and to a high quality
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re ambitious, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.