2 months ago
Job number: UK17287
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, London, London
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Delivery Engineer to join our Rail team to work in Westminster, London.
The Integrated Track Team (ITT) conducts vital work to ensure that the London Underground continues to provide Londoners with a service that is safe and reliable. ITT achieves this through delivering world class renewals to both life expired track and drainage infrastructure throughout the London Underground Network.
The delivery engineer role is vital in meeting the objectives of the ITT, delivery engineers are the foundation of the track and drainage renewals ITT delivers for the London Underground. Delivery engineers will be involved in the preparation, setting out, site delivery and follow up works for track and drainage renewals.
What you'll be doing
As a Delivery Engineer, your main responsibilities are as follows:
* Expansion switch setting
* Short rail gaps
* Setting up of lasers
* Tamper data entry
* Ensuring permit to dig process is followed
* Quality checks undertaken
* Identification and recording of DOWLS
* Provision of engineering advice to all on site who require it
* Recording of installation temp
* Ensuring track clearances and geometry are met
* Creating a programme of works for weekend core works
* Analyse designs and survey data
* Undertake site visits as required
* Prepare resource plan and schedules
* Produce planning documentation
* Creation of Tamper files (Geo & Offsets)
* Lead input into Work Package Plans
* Lead input into risk assessments
* Ensuring delivery presence in key stakeholder meetings and to resolve any issues
* Lead and organise pre-site briefings such as Task Briefing Sheets
* Carry out accurate site setting out
* Control all on site technical activities (Stressing, Tamping, etc)
* Liaise with other critical site staff and operatives
* Create and maintain site records (e.g. Post possession paperwork)
* Attending all training and briefings to ensure all activities meet current regulations and guidance
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
* HNC/HND in civil engineering or equivalent
* Demonstrable understanding of track design drawings
* Demonstrable understanding of track and drainage standards, processes and procedures
* Proficient in surveying techniques
* An understanding of site setting out
* Excavation methods
* LU Track Accustomed certification, LUCAS Card
* IT skills (MS Office)
* Full UK driving licence
* Proficient 2D and 3D laser controlled dozing
* TRV trending and analysis
* Stressing levels 1&2
* Understanding of CDM and H&S legislation
* Working knowledge of LU planning systems
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
* 3+ years relevant experience in track construction environment or other construction discipline
* Understanding of material sampling and testing specifications
* Compaction testing techniques
* Hand-back checks
* Experience of contracting environment
* Lifting appointed person certification
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.