5 months ago
Our Technology Consulting practice provides clients with the solutions that they need for their complex technology programmes. We cross the divide that other suppliers to Government cannot bridge - we discover our client’s unique needs with them, help their business change and adapt, innovate together with creativity, design and build-out their agile solutions, whilst coaching and mentoring leaders at all levels.
We are proud of the impact we have with our Defence, Security, and Home Affairs (DSHA) clients, the strength of our relationships, and the depth and breadth of our skills that we bring to help them achieve their mission – we are privileged to be asked to work with them at the heart of their biggest and most ambitious technology programmes.
If you are an experienced Software Engineer with a desire to make a difference, willing to travel within the UK and work with our DSHA clients, and are either already security cleared to DV or willing to be, then this opportunity is for you!
The primary focus of your role will be the development of innovative mobile and web-based technology solutions to meet the operationally-focussed needs of our clients. You will:
* Work with world leading technology vendors and experienced in-house architects to find the best technical solutions in order to translate client requirements into working software;
* Write code to a high standard, incorporating effective unit tests and meeting our code quality levels;
* Design and develop highly responsive Android, iOS, web and Windows-based apps, APIs and frameworks;
* Apply cutting-edge methods and technologies (e.g. Hadoop, data science, Spark, Elasticsearch, machine learning);
* Assist the engagement director or partner with the technical elements of the sales process; and
* Support the development and delivery of the solution.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
London, South West & Regions
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
We want people who will embody technology delivery - people who understand the connection between the business problem and the technology solution and have the professional and personal skills to make a real difference to our clients.
We are currently looking for Consultants through to Managers with specific expertise in the following:
* 5+ Years of mobile and/or web development experience, with API development, preferably within a DHSA context;
* Understanding of the procurement lifecycle, requirements gathering, evaluation techniques, negotiation skills;
* Experience in designing and developing operationally-focussed data analysis and visualisation solutions in a medium to large secure environment;
* Experience of modern Agile software development methodologies and DevOps practices;
* Familiarity with one of the following tools: Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Visual Studio;
* Experience with web and application server systems including Apache, Tomcat, and/or Glassfish;
* Preferably additional experience developing with geospatial, imagery exploitation and OSINT/social media analysis tools products;
* right to live and work in the UK, be a British national, and have lived in the UK for the last 10 years.
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Visit our website to hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
* We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
* We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
* We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
* We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 153773