10 months ago
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for Operations Fluids Lab Chemist position in Badentoy, UK. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes, a GE Company offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
· Responsible for Return Permeability maintenance, repair and testing.
· Under minimal supervision, conduct routine chemical or physical analyses by running tests and procedures in support of UK/European Operations for Drilling Fluids and Cementing.
· Communicates results to supervisor in a detailed manner.
· Handles special projects, as assigned.
· Writes reports.
· Assesses results for applicability, validity and conformance to specifications.
· Sample disposal.
· Willingness to provide 24 hour cover when required.
· Science degree or applicable engineering.
· Good analytical, communication and problem solving skills.
· Knowledge of general chemistry/sciences.
· Knowledge of Microsoft software.
· Laboratory experience.
· Ability to communicate well individually and in team environment.
· Experience with return permeability testing equipment and core preparation.
· Drilling fluids testing as per API specifications and/or cement testing in a laboratory or operations role.
Based at Portlethen, Aberdeen.
37.5 hour week, occasional weekend work may be required.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN