5 months ago
Job Title: Electrical Craft Team Member
Function: Tata Steel - Packaging
Salary: £25,698 plus 10% shift Allowance
As one of Europe’s leading suppliers of high quality packaging steels, we work closely with our business partners to increase value along the entire supply chain.
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Craft Team Member to act as an electrical engineering specialist on days to perform preventative maintenance and inspection work to professional standards as required to meet quality control and performance standards. Also to provide expertise and resource to identify and quickly rectify faults in complex system to ensure continuity of manufacturing to specified quality standards.
* Ensure all activity is undertaken in compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
* Ensure compliance with the company’s and legislative requirements.
* Underpin manufacturing performance and support manufacturing Improvement and works development plans.
* Identify improvement opportunities through collaborative working with relevant groups.
* To ensure that changes to plant, process procedures and organisation are appropriately risk accessed in line with the works management of change process
* Provide engineering expertise & advise in order to diagnose and correct complex faults in the manufacturing process equipment.
* Ensure that Electrical maintenance work undertaken is completed to time and to appropriate safety and Engineering standards.
* Develop expertise and keep up to date in maintenance techniques and equipment development applicable to a heavy manufacturing environment by self-study and attendance on appropriate courses.
* Provide comprehensive reports on breakdowns, repairs and related engineering activities where appropriate recommending improvements to equipment or systems.
* Undertake training as required for new specialists, other engineering grades, and manufacturing teams.
* Supervise Tata or contract personnel and where necessary issue certificates of isolation as part of the safe system of work.
* Where necessary to provide cover for shift specialists.
Who we’re looking for?
* The jobholder works as part of a team either within a manufacturing, site services, operational support or engineering development team.
* Within Manufacturing areas, the job holder provides specialists skills to undertake engineering work beyond the capability of the manufacturing team members.
* Within Site Service, Operational support or Development engineering areas, the job holder will provide specialist skills to undertake engineering work to ensure that equipment is maintained to the correct standards.
* They will inspect, install, diagnose faults, rectify faults personally or where necessary, arrange and direct resources to do this. Carry out maintenance to high standards, reporting on and participating in any improvements that can be made.
* Where necessary provides cover for shift specialists of the same discipline.
* It is preferable that the jobholder should be qualified to HNC level which must have been obtained through a recognised craft apprenticeship in electrical/process control engineering or hold a Modern Apprenticeship certificate.
* He/she should have relevant plant experience in relevant electrical/process control systems. Must be capable of supervising personnel in the safe execution of engineering repair work.
* The jobholder has no direct subordinates but will, when necessary, supervise manufacturing team personnel and contractors in carrying out plant repairs. Their actions will impact directly on improving maintenance tasks, minimising delays and ensuring process plant is operating to optimum quality standards.
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum (may vary if on particular shift pattern)
* Quarterly Bonus – subject to business performance
* One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Annual Pay Review
* Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
You may be also interested to know that we have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including childcare vouchers, free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services
Closing date: Monday 4th February 2019
Job Segment:Engineer, Electrical, Supply, Inspector, QC, Engineering, Operations, Quality