5 months ago
: Aug 21, 2019
: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-Glasgow
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
We are seeking a senior KDB developer to lead a successful team of developers in Glasgow delivering critical data tools and systems for the Quantitative Investment Strategies (QIS) business in Morgan Stanley. This business is a key growth area for the firm and the team in Glasgow is central to firm’s strategy so this role will be an essential part of the ongoing effort to expand our offering to clients.
The team works closely with the business and is focused on delivering cutting-edge technology to the firm's internal and external clients. A key part of this is the development of a new consolidated KDB platform to manage all the data requirements around these products while developing new tools and systems to streamline business processes and enable the business to expand into new areas.
The role involves all aspects of the software development life cycle: analysis, design and implementation. We need a flexible and practical technologist who demonstrates excellent problem solving skills, enjoys all aspects of software development and will contribute to the success of the team.
- You will be responsible for the design of an adequate tick plant and associate access points/API for the various consumers, from quants, backtesting systems, to algo trading systems.
- You will lead a team of highly skilled developers in Glasgow
- You will help to set the strategic direction for the team and provide key input in to design decisions
- You will improve the system constantly to achieve stability and scale.
- You will design and consult on q queries to achieve analytics objectives of the various clients.
- You will partner with the desk strategists to deliver a commercial platform, where reactivity will be key.
- Strong experience in designing/building/maintaining KDB
- Good team working and leadership experience
- Exposure to Python and SQL
- Knowledge of Java an advantage
- Understanding of Equity Derivatives Products would be an advantage
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in an agile environment
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-FM1