about 1 month ago
Title : Data Technician
Requisition ID :2019-35547
Work Location :GB-Surrey-Woking
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Automation
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Assist the Data Systems developer in their responsibilities for maintaining, developing, installing, configuring and ensuring the smooth running of the data repository and its supporting infrastructure and components.
Assist in configuring and maintaining the interfaces into the data repository application including receiving or performing data transfers, monitoring changes, ensuring data integrity and developing reports.
Provides the 2nd level of technical support for the data repository application.
Working with the Data Systems developer to perform the following activities:
* Coordinates with project disciplines and third party/client support personnel to determine database configuration and interface development requirements
* Maintains and develops the data interfaces between engineering applications and the data repository across internal and external locations
* Maintains and develops validation rule references and parameters
* Maintains and develops exports of data from repository as needed to feed other applications, locations, users and/or electronic data handover to client
* Provides training, technical support and guidance to Data Managers & project teams
* Tests and implements upgrades to data repository application with guidance/direction from Data Manager Data Systems developer
Skills / Qualifications
* Requires a good level of experience in the field or in a related area, must have a working knowledge of relational database structure and commonly-used engineering data concepts
* Bachelor’s degree (or studying towards) in related field (BA, BBA, BS, IM/IT) preferred
* Good knowledge of SQL Server databases including T-SQL, writing functions and stored procedures, query optimisation etc. Experience writing dynamic queries an advantage
* Knowledge of C# or other object-oriented programming language
* Knowledge of VBA
* Good knowledge of SSRS or similar reporting application
* Knowledge of Microsoft.Net for underlying application framework and collaboration mechanisms - Systems/Application setup and support experience a plus
* AVEVA NET and/or data warehouse experience a plus
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.