about 1 year ago
Data Scientist - Risk Management
* Master's degree or PhD in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, econometrics, economics, operations research, computer science
* At least 2 years of experience in a commercial environment
* Some experience working with large data sets and using quantitative analysis/modeling to drive business results
* Strong experience in working in quantitative teams focused on financial or non-financial risk, with a high degree of independence and responsibility
* Proven experience in applying machine learning algorithms such as Neural Networks, Support Vector Machines, CART, etc.
* Deep experience with analytical software (e.g. R) and solid working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Python). Experience with databases (SQL or NoSQL) would be beneficial
* Excellent communication skills to explain complex ideas in simple terms
* Team player, with a professional and service-oriented attitude
* Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with people at all levels in an organization
Who You'll Work With
McKinsey UK's Risk Management practice, part of the Risk Advanced Analytics (RAA) group, and based in London is looking for Senior Analytics Fellows to join the team. Our global Risk Management practice supports clients in many different industries facing challenges of developing and implementing tailored concepts for risk recognition, measurement, and control.
What You'll Do
You will be at the centre of the Risk Analytics group’s analytical engine, implementing machine-learning techniques for our client projects in the area of risk management.
Building upon your ideas and experience, you will apply machine learning algorithms to risk modeling to gain new insights and translate them into distinct client contributions. You will be fully integrated into client service teams. This includes gathering and analysing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You will also present results to clients and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
You will use a broad range of internal and external data sources in your work. You will contribute to knowledge development by helping define and expand distinctive risk-based methodologies to support top management-level strategic decisions.
* Financial Services
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FOR NON-U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity employer. For additional details
regarding our global EEO policy and diversity initiatives, please visit our
McKinsey Careers and
Diversity & Inclusion sites.
share this job
Job Skill Group - CSS Pre-Associate
Job Skill Code - AJPS - Senior Analytics Fellow
Function - Risk
Industry - Financial Services
Post to LinkedIn - Yes
Posted to LinkedIn Date - Sun May 13 20:00:00 GMT 2018
LinkedIn Posting City - London
LinkedIn Posting State/Province -
LinkedIn Posting Country - United Kingdom
LinkedIn Job Title - Data Scientist - Risk Management
LinkedIn Function - Consulting;Finance
LinkedIn Industry - Banking;Financial Services