about 1 month ago
#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
As a Data Scientist you will work within an agile Data Science team tasked with designing and implementing Data Products to serve the needs of other users / groups within EDF Energy. You will also work alongside the Data Engineers, Spark Application Developers, DevOps and cross-functional IT and Security teams. Furthermore you will be responsible for the development of robust high precision machine learning models, re-training models, A/B Testing, monitoring and benchmarking model performance and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
Day to Day:
* Design and development of robust high precision machine learning models, re-training models, A/B Testing, monitoring and benchmarking model performance.
* Liaise with the Business stakeholders to present results and ensure that the deliverables align to business needs.
* Develop and tune machine learning models and algorithms as part of the analysis.
* Work with the Data Engineers and Big Data Developers to bring the pipelines to a production environment, ensuring the continuous quality of the outputs.
* Work with data governance and data quality teams to ensure compliance at all stages of development and thoroughly document and test data processing steps before release.
* Train and mentor junior staff within the business.
What does being a great Data Scientist at EDF mean?
* Communicative: Excellent communication and presenting skills as well as an inquisitive mind-set.
* Innovative: Committed to challenging the way things are done to provide continuous improvement and development of skills and knowledge.
* Ownership: Proactive and able to take initiative with minimal direction or supervision.
* Problem Solving: Always looking to solve the problem in the best possible way.
* Stakeholder Management: Ability to communicate with stakeholders of all levels.
* Leadership: Mentoring and supporting colleagues.
* Commercial Awareness: Comfortable working with ambiguity and with willingness to test and experiment.
* Proactive: A “can-do” approach, ability and willingness to quickly grasp and tackle new projects.
The role will form part of the Business Change & IT function, within the Customers business unit. The customers business unit operate within a fast paced, continuously evolving environment therefore you will be an adaptable and focused individual. You will be expected to engage with senior stakeholders, escalating where necessary and presenting clear and concise information.
You will need to have:
* Hands-on experience in Python, including data manipulation and data science libraries such as PySpark, SparkML, Pandas, SKLearn, H2O.
* Hands-on experience developing and tuning machine learning models with an in-depth understanding of common algorithms.
* Advanced python development experience using tools such as Jupyter Notebooks, PyCharm etc and experience with major RDBMS: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, Sybase, DB2.
* Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting to technical and non-technical audiences
* Self-starter, confident taking initiatives and deciding the best course of action with several years’ experience.
It would be great if you had:
* Experience operating in highly regulated industry with high security standards.
* Understanding of Agile Scrum.
* Experience working towards production quality data science models.
* Experience working with a variety of stakeholders
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn a bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk flex in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.
3 months ago
only 10 days until close
17 days ago
only 12 days until close
26 days ago
only 2 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close