about 1 month ago
REQ ID: 43906
JOB TITLE: Data Scientist
POSTING END DATE: 30/11/2020
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We’re already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We’re doing more than dream, we’re creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
WHAT TO EXPECT
To meet Jaguar Land Rover ambitious global growth plans, tackle the ever-increasing challenges being faced by our business and elevate Transformation to the levels required to deliver a sustainable industry-leading organisation, Jaguar Land Rover is continuing to invest in its internal Analytics capabilities.
The Quality Analytics team uses advanced analytics to integrate data from numerous sources throughout the vehicle’s lifecycle and run predictive analytics to identify and prioritise the root causes of product quality issues.
We are currently undergoing an ambitious transformation program that entails building robust analytics solutions to handle the integration, modelling, prediction and inference of all customer quality issues, utilising the best in class data analytics and machine learning tools and methods
We are looking for outstanding problem solvers who are inquisitive and passionate about data-driven change.
* Design, prototype and deploy machine learning models.
* Write high quality code, with production and deployment in mind (version control, TDD, automated pipelines)
* Communicate model assumptions and results to business users
* Partner with various business functions to explore and identify opportunities for improvements
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
You will have the technical knowledge with hands-on experience working with complex data and solving problems using Python or/and R with knowledge of data manipulation and SQL experience.
* Numerate degree background
* Keen problem solver with experience of developing analytics solutions to problems
* Experience working with complex data and solving problems using one or more programming language such as Python (preferred) or R
* Data manipulation and SQL experience
* Experience or knowledge of several modelling approaches (clustering, classification, text analytics, regression), and an exposure to some of the standard machine learning algorithms.
* Experience with NLP is a distinct plus
* Experience with a cloud environment (GCP or similar)
* Demonstrate a proactive approach to managing own development in data science or software development through (MOOCs), personal projects, public github repo, etc
* Experience in one or more visualisation tool or library (Tableau, Google Data Studio, ggplot2, Matplotlib, Seaborn, etc)
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover considers that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, Jaguar Land Rover will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK. Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Find out what to expect at each stage of the process along with some hints and tips.
FIND OUT MORE
Find out more about working here in our JLR Life Blog:
FIND OUT MORE
WHAT WE OFFER
We look after our employees by offering a host of benefits and investing in their talent through award-winning training
FIND OUT MORE
Can't find a suitable opportunity or interested in other options with our Suppliers and Partners?
SEARCH ALL JOBS
Database, Scientific, Cloud, SQL, Technology, Engineering, Automotive