about 1 month ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
‘As a member of the analytics team within Strategy, Delivery and Performance, you’ll use data from across our technology platforms to help improve the customer experience of our TV, Broadband and Mobile customers’ – Lead Data Scientist.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
As a data scientist, you will be responsible for building machine learning models and performing statistical analysis on various data sets in several projects at once. This could be ad-hoc analysis or longer-term projects involving other teams, so communication is essential:
– Help build and support new data science initiatives across the business
– Communicate business results to stakeholders
– Work closely with data engineering and analytics teams and other data scientists in your problem formulation, data preparation, validation, statistical analysis and modelling
– Translate business goals to research questions daily
– Build machine learning models and prototypes for predictive and exploratory purposes
– Grow domain expertise and champion data science
– Hands-on experience with data preparation techniques, statistical data analysis and data science
– Proven experience of translating real-world problems into mathematical/physical models
– Strong programming experience in SQL and Python/R
– Experience applying statistical skills to data; modelling, tests, distributions, etc.
– Managed your own projects in full, owning the process from start to end
– Ability to critically and creatively look at data
– Confident as a communicator
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about