8 months ago
EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 15,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
* Lead the planning, reporting and delivery of data science projects, ensuring that requirements agreed with project sponsors and stakeholders are fully met. This process will include the gathering of use cases and user experience requirements to ensure all needs are met
* Think creatively to produce new ideas and research data science trends in order to extend our data science activities and capabilities
* Liaise with the business stakeholders to develop a pipeline of projects, present results and ensure that the deliverables align to business needs
* Develop and tune Machine Learning models and algorithms as part of the analysis that drives improved commercial performance
* Work with the Data Engineers and Big Data Developers to bring the pipelines to a Production environment, ensuring the continuous quality of the outputs
* Work with data governance and data quality teams to ensure compliance
* Create model and process documentation and thoroughly test data processing steps before release of tools
* Build team skills and capability by sharing experience and best practices to drive a high performance culture
* Drive the Trust agenda forward by ensuring that all decisions affecting customers meet the Trust Test, deliver the desired customer outcomes and provide customers with the ability to make informed choices.
At EDF Energy, we’re committed to helping our customers in any way we can. We are responsible for maximising the long-term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume. We also run customer facing activities including field sales and meter reading services. We’re committed to ‘getting it right first time’, making sure that service is continually improved & our approach to Customers is driven by our sustainability agenda, which means we behave as a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are the largest business unit within EDF Energy with over 8,000 employees spread across 50 locations. Working in a competitive marketplace means we need high performing people who have the skills, experience, systems knowledge and leadership abilities to provide support and guidance in line with our ‘right first time’ policy.
The Data Scientist will work within an agile Data Science team tasked with designing and implementing Data Products to serve the needs of Sales & Marketing commercial teams within EDF Energy. The role holder will work alongside the Data Engineers, DevOps and cross-functional IT teams. The Data Scientist will be responsible for the development of data analysis pipelines, including data processing, machine learning model development and testing, all the while ensuring that the outputs are of consistently high quality and deliver the maximum value for business stakeholders.
* Hands-on experience in Python, including data manipulation and data science libraries such as Pandas, SKLearn, H2O
* Hands-on experience developing and tuning Machine Learning models
* Experience with major RDBMS: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, Sybase, DB2
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, comfortable presenting to technical and non-technical audiences
* Self-starter, confident taking initiatives and deciding the best course of action
* 2 + years of experience as a data scientist.
* Experience operating in a highly regulated industry and to high compliance standards t
* Understanding of Agile Scrum
* Experience of working towards a data science production environment
* Experience working with a range of senior stakeholders
Competitive Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a defined benefit pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
These roles are advertised on a full-time/part-time basis as standard with the opportunity to discuss flexible working arrangements.
Why EDF Energy?
We’re proud to be an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being. Our roles are advertised on a full-time/part-time basis as standard with the opportunity to discuss flexible working arrangements.
We’re about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Recruiting from the widest possible pool of talent, we assess every potential employee against our four key behaviours – Integrity, Inclusion, Inspiration and Impact. We make sure that our workforce is a true reflection of our communities and customers. Their unique perspectives not only give us a better understanding of customers from all walks of life, but bring fresh ideas too.