6 months ago
Job Description - Data Scientist (180005OL)
Data Scientist - 180005OL
Job title: Junior data scientist
The Predictive analytics team is looking for highly motivated and passionate junior data scientists to use machine learning and advanced analytical techniques to create solutions for Underwriting and Pricing across the UK business.
You will be working with a variety of complex datasets to tell an intriguing story about our business and our customers by developing new modelling techniques, visualisation and analytical pipelines.
You will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on business success and by using machine learning, bring the right solutions to the whole organisation.
If you are a problem smasher, this is the job for you!
* Use machine learning and analytical techniques to create solutions for business problems
* Interact with business stakeholders to understand the business problems and opportunities and translate them into analytical solutions
* Design, develop and assess innovative models to predict performance, claims and improve operations.
* Provide regular insight and analysis, by analysing large amounts of historical data under the direction of the senior data scientist.
* Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture.
Your skills and experience:
* Strong degree or MSc/PhD in a numerical subject (Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Science)
* Some experience in applying machine learning and advanced analytical techniques to solve business problems.
* Passion for analysing data and ability to efficiently manipulate datasets
* Experience in using R or Python
* Good communication skills and ability to generate discussions around data analytics
* Inquisitive mind and willingness to make the difference
Who we are
Zurich is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk. With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries, we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. We help individuals, small and medium sized companies and global corporations around the world understand and protect themselves from risk by offering a wide range of insurance products, solutions and advisory services. Being an international insurer with such a wide range of products means Zurich is an ideal company to work for post university as you can gain exposure to multiple areas of the company and multiple working cultures across the world.
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.
: United Kingdom