about 1 year ago
About the Role
We are looking for an Accident Statistics Data Entry Clerk to type information into our database from paper forms supplied by Thames Valley Police. The information is used by all the Berkshire Highway Authorities and is reported to the Department for Transport, so accuracy is vital. You will report to a data manager or another senior data team member. The information supplied by Thames Valley Police is sensitive and classified so understanding of data confidentiality principles will be essential. Geographical knowledge (working with paper maps and online maps) would be beneficial, and a working understanding of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) would be preferable.
The role is located within Wokingham Borough Council offices in a co-located offices.
A typical week would include:
* Transferring accident data from paper formats into a computer database system called Accsmap
* Interpreting the collision data forms we receive from Thames Valley Police and locating this information on our database providing a permanent record of where collisions took place
* Entering a written description of the collision onto a mapping system, this can include using Google StreetView and other sources to obtain further/additional information
* Liaison with local stakeholders, Thames Valley Police and Department for Transport
* Preparation of accident data for external and internal clients
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Good command of English both oral and written alongside excellent customer service skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Proven experience as data entry clerk
* Fast typing skills, knowledge of touch typing is advantageous
* Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc)
* The ability to use and communicate using Outlook e-mail, ensuring all communications are filed for audit purposes
* Basic understanding of databases
* Some knowledge of GIS would be desirable
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,000 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 36,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.