8 months ago
Data Engineer Graduate Programme
Becoming a Data Engineer with Capita Consultancy:
This 18-month structured graduate programme will see you work with inspirational industry leaders to build technical skill, business knowledge and core soft skills in order to become one of our future leaders. You’ll be trusted with high level responsibility and client interaction as you work on innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We’ll support you every step of the way with continuous feedback, leading training and regular coaching and mentoring as part of your personal development and feedback.
Talented, innovative and creative, you’ll join a multi-disciplined team of data scientists, engineers, AI experts and consultants to deliver a variety of projects that will be developed in our multi cloud environment. You’ll work with a variety of Big Data and visualisation technologies to create exceptional propositions and customer experiences to solve difficult business problems based on a robust, low latent platform of structured and semi-structured and unstructured data. As part of a cohort of graduates, you’ll have regular social events to attend. Please note: this graduate programme may involve travel away from your main office, so you’ll need to be happy occasionally staying over when required.
What you’ll be doing:
Working with other members of the team on projects from start to finish, you will:
* Support clients with their activities on our data platform.
* Assist in creating, managing and supporting data pipelines in a cloud environment.
* Start to take on work on projects as you develop your skills.
* Positively influence client decisions and enhance performance through your expertise.
* Set your own learning objectives (with support from your managers), reflect on your development and suggest how you could learn more.
* Learn through training resources.
What we’re looking for:
* A BSc degree in a computer discipline or equivalent certification.
* Related experience through paid work, work experience, education or training.
* Programming experience in at least two of the following languages: Python, NoSQL, SQL.
* Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding.
* Problem solving skills and the ability to think algorithmically.
* Enthusiasm and some knowledge of data engineering techniques and practices.
About Capita Consultancy
Capita Consultancy is at the forefront of innovation in digital, data analytics and AI, improving the lives of UK citizens and enhancing the performance of our enterprise clients across public and private sectors. Joining the Capita Consultancy Graduate Programme will be an opportunity to unleash your brilliance and a make a real difference to the lives of people around you. We are disrupting the consulting industry. We continue to grow and we need fantastic people and top talent to join our exciting journey and have some fun!
Capita Consultancy are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We’re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We’re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What’s in it for you?
* A competitive salary + benefits
* 25 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
* Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more.
* Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita, in particular in our Consulting division in our innovative and technology hubs. You’ll be joining a network of experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to submit your CV and a short supporting statement, so that we can find out more about you. Please include your extracurricular activities and additional responsibilities and you will need to attach a short submission responding to the following question in no more than 500 words: ‘why do you want to work for Capita Consulting and what interests you about the profession?’ There is also the opportunity for you to attach your portfolio of work, should you wish to showcase this as part of your application. If you’re successful there will be a telephone or video interview, followed by an assessment centre comprised of a face-to-face interview, group exercise, written exercise and presentation. We expect to close applications by 18th October and for the first round of interviews to be completed by 15th November. Assessment centres will have taken place by the week commencing 2nd December. Offers will be made by the 9th December. The start date will be mid-January 2020.
If you have any questions you’d like to ask before applying, please contact Danny Cash at Capita Internal Resourcing by .
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes.