about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Do you want to be part of a team that is pushing aside boundaries and bursting out into the Cloud? If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you” – Data Engineer Manager – Dev.
What you’ll do:
– Develop and deliver technical solutions in an agile manor which satisfy our stakeholders
– Produce detailed deliverable’s that follow the development standards and principles, on time
– Strive for excellence, challenge assumptions and bring solutions
– Ensure that quality is maintained at all stages of the SDLC and that processes are followed in a timely and thorough manner
– Work with and assist the other teams within the department and provide technical & domain input
– Share knowledge and collaborate with colleagues during the project life-cycle, contribute to shared capabilities used across our squads
What you’ll bring:
– Cloud experience, GCP or AWS useful, with in depth understanding of large-scale data, data warehouses, data pipelines and/or data streaming
– Excellent SQL skills and understanding of RDMS, experience of Google BigQuery, Netezza or other MPP system useful
– Skills in Shell scripting and/or a programming language such as Python, Java or other
– An attention to detail, a desire to improve and an attitude to deliver
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment
– SOA/SOP and micro-services based data solutions, would be advantageous
– Experience of the full software development life-cycle including IaC, TDD and CI/CD
To be part of the team that is responsible for instilling good data governance principles and practices within Sky to drive the benefits: trust, performance & value
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.