6 months ago
* Employee status: Permanent
* Closing date: Ongoing
* Reference number: 43134
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Our experts working in Data Technology and Operations (DTO) are leading the way when it comes to providing data solutions to the business. Our teams have developed, and are responsible for, one of the most powerful, large-scale consumer data sets in the World, combining detailed consumer cross-platform viewing behaviors with transactions, interactions, profiles, needs, attitudes and preferences across a wide breadth of UK and ROI households.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of the Development Team within Data Technology & operations, you’ll help deliver technical solutions that will meet the business requirements of our stakeholders. This will entail analysing developing, testing and deploying the appropriate solution through the development lifecycle.
- Produce deliverables that follow the development standards and principles, on time.
- Produce a detailed breakdown of development tasks on projects
- Adhere to the end to end change process and raise appropriate paperwork in a timely manner
- Work with and assist the other teams within the department and provide technical & domain input.
- Assist with the mentoring of associate developers and colleagues during the project lifecycle.
- In depth understanding of large scale data, such as data warehouses and their best practice and principles of manging them
- Experience of integration projects on large-scale environments
- Experience of ETL technical design, development and support
- Excellent SQL skills and understanding of RDMS and of Netezza
- Experience of Unix scripting
- Experience in an ETL tool-preferably Ab Initio or Informatica but not essential.
- Experience in Python, Java or Spark- desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and has a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better