about 1 month ago
Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of Interest
AI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics
Location: Bedfont Lakes, Feltham, UK
Start Date: July 2021 - July 2022
We at Cisco, are looking for a Intern Analyst to join our Digital Data Team, to turn data about our digital experience into business insights.
What you’ll do
Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join with a team of new Interns all starting your careers together, increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
As part of the team you can expect to;
* Turn data into the information that will take on business problems
* Develop data visualizations, dashboards, and reporting in Tableau (or a similar reporting tool)
* Use advanced analytics tools such as R and Pandas
* Conduct exploratory data analysis
* Work in an agile manner
Overall you will be working in a larger global organization that is dedicated to- and passionate about the experience of IT services delivered to our employees in Cisco
* Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree that provides dedicated modules for math or scientific study (penultimate year).
On track to receive a minimum of 2.1
* A real curiosity for how things work and how they can be improved.
* Mindset that focuses on reaching core of problems; not just the first issue encountered
* A passion for- and a commitment to lifelong learning – a willingness to invest time in training and developing your skills
What we offer
At Cisco, we strongly believe in the wellbeing of our employees and work life balance and our benefits package is designed to reflect this.
* Annual Leave: 20 days plus bank holidays
* Access to Cisco’s onsite office facilities including;
* Free shuttle buses between local stations and the Cisco Campus office
* Starbucks Coffee bar
* Access to a large canteen
* Massage chairs & nap pods
* An onsite Nuffield Health gym and showers (at an additional cost)
* At Cisco, we encourage a culture of giving back to the community, and you will be invited to participate in giving back events organised either by the IT team or the Bedfont Lakes campus CSR team.
* Our selection process is as follows: Application - Recruiter Telephone Assessment - Hiring Team Telephone Interview – Virtual Webex Assessment Day.
* You must be able to live and work in the UK. EU visa sponsorship is available, unfortunately, we do not sponsor International visas.
Why you will love Cisco:
At Cisco we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT:
In Cisco IT we are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us - we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the UK, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
We are devoted to spreading the word about technology in the community and ask our graduate hires to do the same, allocating 10-20% of their time in the first year to initiatives such as IamIT in schools and STEM events. In addition to this we like to have fun and have regular team events.
Don’t take our word for it, check out what some of our recent hires are saying! #wearecisco
* Vicky Dineshchandra: Software Engineering in Cisco IT
* Marianna Pittokopiti: The First Two Months
* Patryk Sobczak & Leo Cassius: Journey of an Intern and Graduate
* Daniel Cookson, Aliyah Butt & Alex Naggar: Early Life at Cisco