about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As a member of the analytics team within Group Service Management, you’ll use data from across our technology platforms to help understand and improve the experience of our TV, broadband and mobile customers
What you’ll do:
With data driving decisions across Sky this is a prominent role in understanding and improving our customer’s TV, Broadband and Mobile services.
* Be innovative with our data and technology to find new insights
* Support the decision-making process across Sky’s new propositions
* Support stakeholders by providing ad-hoc analysis and challenging with new approaches
* Ensure outputs are accurate, timely and meet the business need
* Work closely with our data engineers to ensure accurate and timely data
* Work closely with our data scientists to leverage machine learning to find new insights
* Communicate findings with the wider business
* Grow domain expertise and champion data analysis
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data to make Sky even more relevant. We are working with the rest of Sky to build innovative data products that bring even more value to our customers
What you’ll bring:
* Interest in current telecommunications, TV and/or mobile technologies (knowledge and experience is ideal)
* Degree (or equivalent experience) in applied quantitative field (statistics, mathematics, engineering, technology)
* Ability to interact with senior stakeholders to gather requirements and answer the “so what”
* Hands-on experience in simple to complex reporting, metrics/KPIs and performance insights
* Hands-on experience in business intelligence and data analysis
* Working knowledge of databases, data structures and reporting systems (ETL knowledge ideal)
* Experience of using advanced SQL and the ability to efficiently analyse large amounts of data (GCP BigQuery knowledge ideal)
* Experience of using Tableau (or similar)
* Previous experience in complex project environment, managing your own projects, owning the process from start to end
* Ability to critically and creatively look at data
* Confident communicator
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Access to free NOWTV, for streaming all your favourite shows
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support you as much as we can with flexible shift patterns.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.