8 months ago
Thales protects 80% of the world’s payment card transactions as well as safeguarding the biggest names in technology. We’re a leading force in cyber security, both in the UK and globally. And to keep our customers’ information and communications safe and secure in this constantly shifting, immensely challenging sector, we need to excel, evolve and invent. That’s why we only want to work with the brightest, most ambitious minds in our industry. That’s why we want to work with you.
Thales Cyber and Consulting has a proactive approach to career development and will provide mentoring support for Cyber Consultants, we are committed to providing equal opportunities to advance all of our people.
Do you enjoy creating solutions? Are you looking to develop your knowledge, gain skills, and take on a role with accountability? Thales Cyber Security is looking for an innovative mind to help customers extract the most value out of their technology. We are fully committed to your development and will support you becoming certified in different domains, we also provide regular workshop days to up-skill our people.
To drive beneficial security change into the business through the development or review of architectures so that they:
* Fit business requirements for security, ensuring the technical security solution allows for future customer scalability
* Mitigate the risks and conform to the relevant security policies
* Balance information risk against cost of countermeasures
* Seek other cyber security opportunities whilst on customer assignment
* Represents security requirements in the design and implementation of IS architectures
* Understand the business environment and the information risks that systems of interest are subject to
* Assist Senior Cyber Security Architects in the identification of information risks that arise from potential solution architectures
* Propose alternate architectures or countermeasures to mitigate risks from initial solution architectures
* Assists with the secure configuration of ICT systems in compliance with the intended architecture
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. The health and well-being of you matters and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Whilst travel is essential to this role, we’ll support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Essential skills & experience:
* Previous experience in Consulting/Professional services
* Previous Cyber Security Architect experience
* Ability to write concisely in a customer focused manner
* Working with challenging deadlines and competing priorities
* Excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach and excellent time management skill
* Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage high volumes of work
* Proven organisational ability and team player
* Good communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
* Excellent standard of computer literacy in all Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
* Willingness to learn and to work with a diverse range of people at all levels
* Knowledge of standard security operating processes and procedures
* Pro-active self starter
* Customer focused
* Flexible (likely that you will need to work outside core hours)
* Self sufficient
* Full mobility is essential, typically working on the client site with delivery partners and client teams.
* CESG Certified IA Professional in one or more role
* Related Degree or Qualification