11 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Our team of Cyber Security Consultants provide expert risk assessment, analysis and advice to Government and commercial clients in sectors such as Defence, Critical Infrastructure and Finance. We are part of QinetiQ’s Cyber and Intelligence Group, who also deliver ethical security testing, protective monitoring, cyber security consultancy, applied crypto-security and intelligence analysis.
This is an excellent environment in which to develop your own career in cyber security to the highest levels, and work with internationally renowned experts.
Reporting to an experienced Team Leader, who will support your professional and personal development, you will take responsibility for a portfolio of customer projects. This might include:
- Working with clients to identify and respond to cyber threats and security risks which might have an impact on their business,
- Deriving, analysing & developing mitigations for information risk in a given business scenario and threat environment,
- Conducting risk assessments, analysis and/or audits in either Cyber Security or Information Assurance,
- Working collaboratively with the cyber security professionals across QinetiQ to define and deliver solutions, taking documented customer requirements and translating them into risk assessments, reviews and recommendations,
- Following established governance processes and frameworks to bring the best possible value solutions to clients,
- Applying Information Assurance methodologies and analysis frameworks in a range of scenarios,
- Examining emerging technologies to identify effective ways to deploy security controls.
Our consultants are rewarded with a productive and restful work-life balance, and there is flexibility around office location, home working arrangements and working hours. Our main cyber security capability is based at Malvern, but we also have teams in Portsmouth and Farnborough.
We are interested in hearing from both Cyber Security professionals looking to build a consultancy career in an innovative and customer-centred environment, and technical experts looking to transfer their science, technology, engineering or mathematics expertise into a new and fast-paced sector.
You will be able to work with our clients to build a deep understanding of their operational requirements and tease out their risks. No two days are the same, and you will be supported to deal with a variety of complex challenges, building trust with customers by finding solutions to both standard and non-standard problems.
You will be passionate about your own personal development and may already be working towards attaining industry standard qualifications, such as CISSP, ISO 27001, CISM, CISA and/or Professional Memberships such as CIISec. QinetiQ will support you in your personal development. You will be expected to occasionally travel to client sites, both in the UK and, perhaps, overseas. It would be useful – but not essential – to have working experience of Public Cloud, Agile Development and/or data analytics.
Successful candidates will be expected to achieve SC clearance as a minimum.
#LI – QQ