6 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ’s Cyber and Intelligence Group provide a full range of cyber security services to government and commercial clients. We employ some of the most capable, qualified and experienced experts across a broad range of specialisms including ethical security testing, protective monitoring, information assurance and cyber security risk, security architecture, applied cryptosecurity and intelligence analysts .
Our team of Cyber Security consultants provide expert risk assessment, analysis, advice, support to audit, security management (including SIRO level roles for national programmes) and National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) certified services to national security, critical infrastructure and enterprise customers. QinetiQ is unique in both the range of services it offers and its breadth and reach in the market space. This provides an excellent environment to develop your career in cyber security to the highest levels.
QinetiQ is seeking a Cyber Security Consultant to join its growing team. The successful applicant will:
• Be able to derive, analyse, develop mitigations for information risk in a given business scenario and threat environment.
• Be able to take responsibility for the delivery of technical solutions for our government and commercial clients
• Bring a strong track-record of conducting Risk Assessments, Analysis and or Audits in either Cyber Security or Information Assurance.
• Able to work collaboratively with the cyber security professionals from across the skill sets represented in the Group and our contracting partners, to define and deliver solutions, taking documented customer requirements and translating them into risk assessments, reviews and recommendations.
• Be able to follow established governance processes and frameworks to bring the best possible value adding solutions to clients.
• Have experience of working as a technical subject matter expert in project teams.
• Be self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communication skills.
• Be organized and have exceptional time and personal management.
• Be proficient in application of Information Assurance methodologies and analysis frameworks in a range of scenarios
• Have experience of applying information risk and assurance expertise across multiple platforms and technologies
• Hold CPP SIRA certified or hold other similarly recognised industry standard qualifications and certificates (desirable).
• Be a team player both as part of virtual and solutions team., including remote and geographically distributed teams and be willing to work away from home site
• Have UK SC Clearance (or be eligible/willing to undergo).
The successful candidate will report to a Team Leader and be part of the Cyber & Intelligence Group and contribute to growing the professional expertise of cyber security capability in support of QinetiQ’s business strategy. The successful candidate will be expected to work on a number projects and support bidding and business development working across QinetiQ. The main cyber security capability is centred in Malvern, also with a team based in the Portsmouth area. The successful candidate will be expected to travel to client sites which may be in the UK and overseas. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to receive training & development in support of career progression aligned to our business needs.