6 months ago
AutoReq ID 136599BR
Job Title Cyber Security Analyst - Watford
Country United Kingdom
Function KPMG Business Services
Service Line QRM and OGC
Service Line Information Quality and Risk Management are the responsibility of each partner and employee. This responsibility includes the need to understand and adhere to member firm policies and associated procedures in carrying out their day-to-day activities. UK Quality & Risk Management teams help to set, implement and enforce policies and procedures designed to help to enable KPMG UK and its personnel to achieve the following key objectives: (i) oversee and monitor service quality, (ii) protect the brand and reputation of KPMG, (iii) comply with laws, (iv) regulations and professional standards, and (v) minimize the risk of financial claims against KPMG UK.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Working as part of the KPMG Cyber Security team within Information Protection, as a Cyber Security Analyst you will play a key role in ensuring that the business IT systems are protected and monitored from threats.
You will assist with the daily operational system administration of the security toolsets including IDS, advanced threat detection and privilege account management to ensure they are updated and fully functional.
You will participate in the active monitoring of the security sensors and ensure that appropriate actions are taken as part of the Incident Response process.
- Proactively monitor the network security sensors ensuring timely detection, investigation and remediation of potential threats in line with the Information Protection incident management lifecycle
- Interact with the Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC), including Incident response and intelligence sharing, escalating to management where required
- Perform SIEM administrative duties such as adding new types of detection logic, use cases, intelligence, data enrichment feeds and log types
- Oversee the operation of all security toolsets including system health monitoring, device maintenance and upgrades and assist with updating the relevant documentation
- Assist and support IT operational teams in the vulnerability management and patching of the KPMG infrastructure
- Work closely with other KPMG teams to ensure that all technologies are activity monitored including troubleshooting where necessary
- Ensure that the Cyber security requirements are met as part of the change management lifecycle
- Ensure that all knowledge is shared within the Cyber Monitoring & Response team.
The candidate will have experience in the following:
- Technical degree with focus on Information / Cyber Security-based curriculum (engineering or computer science).
- Experience working in an operational IT based role as a system administrator, architect or implementation engineer with an understanding of Cyber security principles
- Experience with operating systems Windows and Linux.
- Proven ability with Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Experience with Intrusion detection/prevention systems, including Advanced Threat protection.
- Experience with vulnerability management tools and methodologies.
- Good understanding of the different networking technologies and authentication protocols.
- Practical and current knowledge of the Cyber Security threats landscape.
- Experience working within a Cyber Security operations environment.
- Proven customer service skills and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret data including security, system, application and device specific logs
- Excellent analytical skills and solutions oriented approach.
- Ability to work in high-demand, busy environments.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and systems. A methodical approach with accuracy is essential.
- Ability to liaise with the full range of individuals and groups involved in a business or IT programme.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of the different KPMG team in the UK and globally.
- Hold a security certification; Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Proven technical certification in system and/or networking operation
Department – Cyber Security, Information Protection
Working Hours: 35 - Covering 08:00 – 18:00 Mon-Fri on a shift basis.
On call - Yes (one week at a time; based on rota; possibly every 4 weeks)
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Consulting, Claims, Information Systems, Cyber Security, Security, Technology, Insurance