about 1 year ago
Customer Support Engineer - Worthing - 003OEZ
Eurotherm Ltd is part of the Schneider-Electric group. Eurotherm Ltd is a global technology, software and consulting organisation leading significant change in process manufacturing, plant optimisation, business operations and enterprise performance. The company’s international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is supported by engineering services designed to realise greater benefits to customers’ plant-wide assets.
Responsible for providing technical support on Eurotherm discrete Controller, Recorder, Power and Drive Products for the UK & Ireland, Eurotherm group companies and partners across the world.
Geographical areas of responsibility are:
End users - UK & Ireland, Groups Companies & Partners – rest of world.
The role is office based at our headquarters in Worthing working a 37.5 hour week 8:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday.
· Phone and email support at 1st and 2nd level for Eurotherm discrete products including Controllers, Recorders, Power and Drive Products as well as third party Products.
· Logging of Customer Support issues in our Case Management tool, bFO
· Liaise with R&D to provide solutions to complex technical problems.
· Support for field service engineers operating in the field during working hours .
· Nominated non-support activities required by the Helpdesk Team Leader.
Skills/ Experience / Qualifications
· Must be able to effectively communicate in the English language.
· Technical competence with excellent diagnostic and analytical skills.
· Ability to work calmly and logically in difficult conditions.
· Self motivated and good organizational skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the following.
· Must have knowledge of industrial instrumentation.
· Confident when talking on the telephone with customers, sales people, and other related business contacts.
· Some knowledge of Eurotherm or similar competitor Products (Training will be provided to the right candidate).
· HND/HNC preferred but will consider relevant experience in an engineering discipline.
Salary and Benefits
This role enjoys an attractive salary, depending on background and past experience.
Our benefits package includes a discretionary annual bonus scheme, a share incentive plan, a competitive contributory pension scheme, BUPA health, and life insurance cover.
We go to great lengths to maintain a friendly and comfortable work environment, including a subsidised staff canteen facility, and close to local amenities. Combined with a continuous stream of interesting and challenging work, these have enabled us to sustain a happy workplace and very low staff turnover.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please apply on line.