3 months ago
The Customer Support Engineering Specialist is responsible for resolving product, configuration, and application issues/questions for the GE Digital solutions products. May also be responsible for providing expert software technical support and/or Application Support including maintenance for GEHC customers.
Provide support to customers experiencing application workflow/clinical issues displaying an in-depth client workflow or clinical knowledge and/or technical difficulties displaying in-depth technical knowledge of the technology in the Software Products. Working knowledge of operating system (for example file transfer, etc.). Work in a team, mentor others and be responsible for achieving defined goals. Requires the ability to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers regarding application/technical issues. Follows procedures for reporting application bugs and updating.
- Respond to customer requests via phone and email.
- Research and troubleshoot issues involving all aspects of the GE Digital solutions, including but not limited to user interface, network and communication connectivity and performance, and on- premise component interoperability, collection/storage, visualization, analytics, machine monitoring software and associated control systems, hardware infrastructure, and interfaces to enterprise systems such as ERP, PLM and Quality.
- Troubleshoot and identify product problems for presentation to engineering or infrastructure teams for resolution or disseminates appropriate information necessary to correct configuration issues.
- Adhere to all processes and methodology for Knowledge Centered Support. Create knowledge content for the Knowledge base.
- Uses troubleshooting techniques and programming skills to make needed modifications to customer database and ensure information integrity
Uses troubleshooting techniques and programming skills to analyze and resolve customer issues as assigned in compliance with the standard turn-around time or project milestones
- Uses standard utilities and programming skills, deliver software to customer sites from GEHC standard version libraries as well as updates GEHC system with resolution status
- Supports product or application with little or no assistance, maintains a high level of quality following all GEHC department standards
- Is responsible for quality solutions to be implemented at client sites
- Understands and follows departmental standards
- Adheres to and advances the use of GEHC coding conventions, debugging techniques, tools, and documentation.
- Acts as a technical resource to other members of the department and customers
- Analyzes and resolves most software issues with minimum assistance
- Specifies, sets up, codes, and processes complex conversion and interfaces for assigned clients meeting all project plan dates set
- Has in-depth knowledge of at least 1 major product. Supports multiple products or suites, while maintaining a high level of quality, following all GEHC department standards
- Has a concentration in/familiarity with other applications to develop integration expertise
- May write or contribute user/technical documentation and case notes
- Meets with customers as necessary, analyzes their needs, and provides insight into products and their functionality
- May be required to work overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays
- Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization, ensure timely dispatch closure
- Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps
- Flexibility to provide onsite support, as needed
- Provides customer support in 24x7 environment
Team Supervisor will be responsible for achieving all defined goals and milestones assigned, while spending up to 50% on the below responsibilities:
* Work with the team to monitor goals in support of departmental and corporate strategies, services requests queue management, reporting analysis (service response rate, team/individual stats, NPS/Medallia, staffing, overall performance)
* Day-to-day service performance monitoring & reviews (regular checks of aging cases, analyzing reports, review customer feedback, provide direct feedback to improve individual performance), schedule management
* Training (assessments, training plan development, coordination, follow-up)
* Mentoring/coaching (OJT, engaging technical resources, identifying & communicating opportunities/improvements, deliver recognition)
* Process documentation/maintenance and communication
* May be required to work overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays on a rota basis
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or related field or a Clinical degree or equivalent
* Computer skills to include knowledge of software programing and database applications or clinical expertise
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Ability to work independently with minimum direction
* Effective communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with cross-functional teams
* Strong customer-service skills
* Highly motivated team-player
* Prior project or technical leadership experience
* Demonstrated ability to train/mentor peers
* Ability to stay calm in pressurised situations and coach people through solving problems
* Ability to drive improvements in efficiency
* Familiarity with remote monitoring and diagnostics solutions and concepts.
* Exceptional troubleshooting, customer service, and analytical skills.
* Sets an example in terms of quality, consistency and level of work, as well as work ethic and approach.
* Identify and report when there are deviations on scope, schedule or budget.
* Possesses working knowledge of concepts such as Agile and Waterfall. Ability to distill general customer requirements down to actionable work products in context. Can be utilized to problem solve at customer sites as the GE representative.
* Understands architecture types, principles, patterns, terminologies and tools. Understands the architecture development process & methods. Understand the current level of adoption of the architecture best practices on per program basis.
* Understands the primary competitors and partners in the product space. Understands the go to market strategy and positioning of products Recognizes variations to the process and works to resolve independently. Can adapt to gaps or exceptions to the processes and adjust accordingly.
* Aware of need to develop and present recommendations in a manner that is simple for others to act upon; Uses basic data analysis to make decisions.
* Demonstrates basic awareness of enterprise software development vernacular, methodologies, license models (perpetual, SaaS, etc) and other industrial software products and competitors (data management, automation, erp, etc). Generally, possesses working knowledge of concepts such as Agile and Waterfall. Ability to distill general customer requirements down to actionable work products in context.
* Goes above and beyond for the customer; builds a good customer relationship to best understand customer needs.
* Manages project delivery in a quality fashion; obtains satisfactory levels of customer satisfaction.
* Addresses all customer concerns/issues in a timely and satisfactory fashion.
* Understands how the business solves the problem in specific domain areas using the technology.
* Completes assigned tasks on time and with high quality. Takes independent responsibility for assigned deliverables.
* Communicates clear, concise, and relevant information to groups large and small. Distills information down to key points. Uses relevant and appropriate presentation techniques and adjusts message to audience.
* Guides the conversation in a constructive manner; asks questions to uncover the critical information required to make decisions.
* Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present. Implements clean, concise solutions that address the requirements at hand.
* Pursues projects with energy, drive and a need to finish.
* Fosters a strong working relationship with customer in order to generate a clear understanding of their needs and concerns; possesses ability to think from clients’ perspective
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom; London