9 months ago
The critical objectives within the Advanced Distributed Management Systems (ADMS) Customer Support department are to deliver first-class support to our customers and maintain maximum uptime for each system. Typical problems range from resolving database space issues to identifying code problems within our in-house software products.
• Respond, investigate and resolve 1st line customer support requests.
• Investigate, own and resolve issues as part of a specialised 2nd line team.
• Offsite visits to customer sites to investigate, coordinate and resolve open issues.
• Management and escalation of high priority issues.
• Out of hours support duties.
• Software upgrades, installations and health-checks.
• Degree/HND level in Computing, Software Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering and / or strong experience working within a software or IT Support environment.
• ITIL Foundation
Essential Technical Skills
• Proven competence and specialisation to troubleshoot issues in at least 2 of the following domains:
o Oracle, SQL or equivalent databases
o Linux Operating Systems
o Networking and Firewalls
• Proven basic level of competence with Microsoft Operating Systems and the other non-specialised domains listed above.
• Ability to transfer problem solving knowledge, with respect to the GE ADMS applications.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus.
• Team player, willingness to work as part of a team.
• Willingness to learn new technologies – steep initial learning curve.
• Meeting targets, ability to work to tight deadlines and adapt to moving priorities.
•Previous experience within a software development environment.
•Knowledge of the energy and utilities sectors.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in.
At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers.
GE Grid Solutions is a leading supplier in the energy segment globally and helps utilities better manage resources and drive greater productivity and profitability through its wide range of Software solutions. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our software solutions.
GE delivers one of the broadest portfolio offerings in the industry which covers Electricity, Gas, Water and Telco sectors allowing customers to plan, build and manage their network assets more effectively.
Locations: United Kingdom; Livingston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.