about 1 month ago
We are looking for a determined Customer Quality – Placement Student to join our team specializing in Quality which provide support for our global customers in technical/quality related issues for our Power Systems business segment in Daventry . During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Develops skills to manage small portions of well-defined and challenging projects and actively support customer engine’s failure investigations.
* Communicate with internal Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) & Distributors Account Teams regarding information supporting failures.
* Working with external suppliers and coordinate the return of failed parts back to the supplier for analysis detailing findings and containment activity to internal OEM & Distributors Account Teams.
* Serves as a support resource on projects and work assignments and assists in identifying, tracking, and working with others to resolve project issues.
* Helps monitor and communicate project status to project team, documenting and sharing team learnings with other teams.
* Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Manager on status of specific projects and assignments.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
* We are looking for a wide range of applicants studying towards a Bachelor or Master's degree from across all Engineering & Business related subjects and not graduating this academic year.
* Good communication & time management skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and stay organized.
* Be a team player as well as be able to work proactively and independently with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
EVERY EMPLOYEE, EVERY COMMUNITY
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Northamptonshire-UK, Daventry, Cummins Co Ltd
Job Type Internship
Recruitment Job Type Student - Internship
Job Posting Oct 21, 2020, 5:16:29 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 200001VM