8 months ago
Customer Engineer - Hardware
Job no: 496611
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Customer Facing, Electronic design, Processors
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high profile role in the company. You will gain knowledge and make a fundamental contribution to millions of product deployments from the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturers with Imagination-specific technology. The role also allows this individual to be part of the overall process and lifecycle of how leading edge system-on-a-chip (SOC) products are designed, put into production and maintained with our customers.
The Customer Engineering department is responsible for all aspects of delivering and supporting Imagination’s IP products to our semiconductor and software partners. The key goal is to ensure customer success in achieving a strong end-product reaching the consumer market as fast as possible, enabling the transition from a license deal to royalty revenues.
* Actively monitor and report on the IP integration activity of the customer
* Provide proactive support for our IP products
* Collate and act on customer feedback
* Develop expertise to provide IP-level as well as system-level debug support for customer issues
* Provide formal training to internal and external customers and co-ordinate the teams to solve highly technical customer issues
* Be a part of improving our future IP developments by playing an active role in applying customer experience back into the development cycle
Abilities make possibilities
With a positive, can-do attitude, you pride yourself on great customer service, pro-actively and tenaciously striving for the best solution. You have an organised and focussed approach to work. Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you are an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You are curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
* The ability to clearly communicate technical subjects in both written and verbal form
* The ability to see the bigger picture when dealing with detailed problems
* Understanding in hardware debug and design techniques using Hardware Description Languages
* An understanding of RTL simulation and synthesis tools such as Cadence, Synopsys, Xilinx or similar
You might also have
* Experience working as part of a technical support team
* Experience of delivering training/presentations
* Interest in, or understanding of 3D Graphics and Neural Network Accelerators
* Knowledge or experience with Emulation or FPGA based prototyping
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Competitive Salary offered
As part of a rolling recruitment program
Closing date 22nd October 2018
Advertised: 18 Jun 2018 GMT Daylight Time