6 months ago
Customer Engagement Officer
Job number: UK12035
Company/Division: Gas & Water
Career area: Customer Care
Region/State: West Midlands
City: Wolverhampton, West Midlands (County)
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Engagement Officer to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in Wolverhampton, West Midlands (County).
Act as key interface between Balfour Beatty and customers working alongside call centre helpline to deliver exceptional standards of customer service. Work on site to support customer communications & act as the voice of the customer within Balfour Beatty.
You will support the development of a best practice service that drives improvements in customer satisfaction and supports Balfour Beatty achieving agreed SLAs.
What you'll be doing
As a Customer Engagement Officer, your main accountabilities will be as followed:
* Setting clear expectations with customers as to what will happen next, when it will happen, what it will look like, who may be on site at different times etc.
* Interface between customers and business.
* Part of the management of on-site communications using ‘KICK’ process.
* Dealing with on-site issues and complaints.
* Resolution of escalated enquiries and complaints.
* Supporting operations to deliver a customer focussed service.
* Represent customers in all internal activities - be an “Internal voice of the customer”-to develop more customer focussed ways of working.
* Monitoring of CSAT by area/cell/team and use insight to feed into continuous improvement activities.
* Feedback to internal teams’ continuous improvement opportunities.
Who we're looking for
The following experience is required for the role:
* Demonstrable track record in delivering a positive end-to-end Customer Experience, including face-to-face communications.
* Evidence of working to and achieving performance targets in a Customer environment.
* Able to demonstrate a flexible approach that adapts to changing business and Customer needs. Ability to compile, interpret and challenge analytical data/reports using sound commercial judgement.
* A good understanding of the business process.
* A track record of identifying and delivering standards based Customer training and coaching.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.