7 months ago
CRT Manager / Coordinator
Job number: UK16090
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, Wales, Pontypridd
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an CRT Manager / Coordinator to join our Rail team to work at the Treforest Industrial Estate, PONTYPRIDD.
* To assist in the delivery of the CVL business plan by carrying out the duties of Critical Rail Temperature (CRT) Manager/co-ordinator in line with Network Rail Standards and providing full administrative support to the Engineering team.
What you'll be doing
As an CRT Manager / Coordinator you will:
* Develop effective relationships with the Track Support Services Supervisors and be keep informed;
* Receive daily CRT related information and paperwork from the Project Managers and depot staff to ensure the CRT register is kept updated;
* Liaise with Contractors Responsible Engineers Permanent Way to provide up to date information for period compliance reports;
* Proactively contribute to the BB Health and Safety culture to achieve a target of zero harm;
* Be aware of and adhere to the requirements of BB Safety Campaigns;
* Assist the Engineering Manager in monitoring compliance with Network Rail technical Standards and BB procedures and instructions in relation to CRT management through regular audit;
* Actively influence the engineering KPI measures;
* Be involved in the development and implementation of new or revised processes to improve management of CRTs, the hot weather plan and unstressed track;
* Maintain and store historic CRT records and registers for 12 months;
* Contribute towards cost savings through identifying engineering innovation and value engineering solutions;
* Keep CRT register updated to assist in Watchmen being correctly dispatched to critical sites.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
* GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English;
* Knowledge of the railway infrastructure business;
* Computer literacy including detailed working knowledge and experience of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
* Outline knowledge of BB processes;
* Knowledge of financial processes;
* P-Way knowledge/experience.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.