3 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, Arm provides efficient, low-power chip intelligence , making affordable, easy-to-use electronic innovations come to life. Arm engineers design and develop CPUs, graphics processors, complex system IP, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries.
Based in Cambridge as part of the Architecture and Technology group, Arm is seeking a highly motivated individual to work on the development of Arm’s CPU architectures. The candidate will gain insight and have input into the development of Arm’s future CPU architectures.
The CPU Architect will:
* Develop and evolve new and existing CPU architecture
* Work within the architecture group to evaluate the viability of future architectures
* Support knowledge transfer between Arm’s research, architecture, documentation and implementation teams
* Work to ensure that architecture specifications are unambiguous and complete
* Work to attain an excellent understanding of architecture concepts and the rationale behind them
* Create material to support the presentation of new architecture ideas at all stages of development
* Collaborate with architecture partners (internal and external) in developing new architectures
Architecture and Technology Group
The Architecture and Technology Group (ATG) is responsible for developing the Arm Architecture and associated technologies for Arm’s roadmap. The work of the group is fundamental to Arm’s success, providing the key specifications associated with processor and related infrastructure design. This includes the information needed for compliant software development, debug and trace support, and other aspects of the Arm ecosystem. The scope applies across the broad spectrum of product areas from the smallest microcontrollers to high performance computing.
Education & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electronic or Electrical Engineering. Degrees in other areas will be considered if the applicant has relevant experience.
Essential Skills and Experience
* Understanding of processor architecture and the interaction between software and hardware
* Experience of scripting languages e.g. Perl/Python
* Pro-active and self-motivated
* Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to understand and communicate difficult technical concepts
* Attention to detail, ability to identify inconsistencies in incomplete material
* Enthusiasm for growing technical knowledge
* Ability to work as part of a team
Desirable Skills and Experience
* Familiarity with the Arm architectures and Arm assembly
* Knowledge of processor microarchitecture
* Experience of hardware design (Verilog/VHDL)
* Experience of modelling microprocessors
* Experience of compiler design or maintenance
* Experience of writing device drivers
* Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in the face of dynamic project requirements
* Experience with Unix, source control and continuous integration environments
* Experience of dealing with customers
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps