7 months ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - no compromise, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our programme management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee major events and infrastructure programmes of work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Cost Engineer - Reporting (Nuclear)
Reporting to head of cost.
To lead the definition of cost management and for either the reporting cycle including oversight of day to day management, staffing and the development and implementation of cost standards and processes.
To support the employer in minimising anticipated final cost in accordance with best value. Also for leading the interface with other key team within the programme controls function develop integrated reporting.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Leading, managing, coaching and supporting staff within the cost function.
* Managing the competency of staff within the function ensuring suitably qualified and experienced personnel are available to fulfil the roles within the organisation.
* Accountable for the development of cost systems and reports capable of delivering the project objectives.
* Being accountable for timely and accurate central cost reporting.
* Being accountable for the definition of the supply chain cost reporting requirements to enable effective delivery of the integrated project.
* Overseeing the review and acceptance of supplier cost reports.
* Leading and ensuring the effective assessment of all changes and accurate representation of approved changes within the budgets held.
* Being accountable for the accurate assessment of forecast final cost and impact of events on project timescales, ensuring that earned value techniques and indices are correctly implemented.
* Comparing and analysing trends against the original cost estimates and budgets. Identify opportunities to bring costs in line with estimates and budgets. Also review change proposal estimates as requested, and facilitate provision of an independent estimate for comparison and validation of proposals.
* Overseeing and provides timely and focused reporting to key stakeholders and project governance.
* Supporting the commercial review of major contract awards and amendments across the project.
* Establishing issue and ensure application of appropriate strategies, standards and procedures, whilst proactively working with the business to encourage project management leading practice.
* Ensuring all activities adhere to group standards/methods.
* Partnering and engaging with counterparts across other project controls functions to help lead a collaborative process to the delivery of the project and its management processes.
* Facilitating in collaboration with project delivery teams and industry partners to ensure consistency and transparency in approach and data.
* Acting as a role model for company and client’s vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with the project’s ways of working. Encourage and support others too.
* Promoting equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
* Taking necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put the company’s information or information systems at risk.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
* With 10+ years’ experience in cost management, control and administration on major infrastructure projects and programmes.
* Understanding of various contract types in particular the NEC and FIDIC.
* Substantial experience in managing and motivating cost teams on major infrastructure programmes.
* Extensive experience of cost applications.
* Extensive skill and experience in presenting complex information to senior executives and shareholders.
* Technical expertise in engineering procurement construction delivery.
* Experience in the use of computer software products (including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
* Skilled in oral and written communication with demonstrated ability to present cost information to peers and management.
* Proven people manager and team leader approach.
* A degree qualification in business management, engineering or construction management or equivalent is essential.
* Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”