11 months ago
Title : Cost Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-39974
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Cost
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Cost Engineer to join our team in Reading on an agency basis for 6 months. In this role you will be responsible for providing a complete Cost Engineering service to both project and corporate management for Proposal and Project Operations either as part of a large project team or covering all Cost Engineering aspects on smaller projects.
* Establishing project requirements, in conjunction with project cost engineer, with regards to scope of services, organisation and job specific procedures and cost reporting
* Establishing materials quantity and cost budgets, control and forecast both direct and indirect costs
* Maintaining close liaison with client personnel to maintain satisfactory working relationships and to identify potential problem areas
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree or HNC / HND preferred, ideally in an engineering discipline or where strong cost and commercial skills are included
* A proven cost engineering experience within Petrochemical or similar industries
* Proactive approach
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* A pro-active approach to solving problems and getting the job done
* Excellent communication skills
* Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.