3 months ago
Core Technology Architect
Poland, Switzerland - Zürich, United Kingdom
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Kraków, London, Wroclaw, Zürich
Would you like to shape our hybrid Cloud strategy? You will take on responsibility for enterprise architecture around compute, middleware and storage in close collaboration with the service and product management team that delivers solutions, influencing our technology standards and contributing to strategic change projects.
As a member of ISE’s Chief Technology Office, you will also:
• define and develop target architectures, strategies, standards and guidelines for technologies around Infrastructure and Platform as a Service, to achieve a cost efficient, highly automated and reliable management of our on-prem and off-prem runtime environments for our applications
• work on interesting projects in a global environment and be responsible to shape the long-term strategy of UBS' platforms. Guiding the engineering and IT operations teams in the implementation of the processes and tools towards the target state
• perform design reviews on projects that drive architecturally significant change and ensure compliance with policies and standards
• interface with the wider architecture organization, engineering, operations and application developers to communicate and align architectures and related roadmaps and to contribute to the overall Enterprise Architecture
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working in the Infrastructure and Security Engineering CTO team in Group Technology.
Infrastructure and Security Engineering is a group-wide function which provides integrated and secure infrastructure and Cloud services for UBS by offering best fit, easy to leverage, reliable and cost-effective technology services and products which provide functionality, controls, processes and expertise across all business groups.
• experience and strong skills in several of the following topics (technologies and processes):
- Architecture, engineering and operation of IT platforms (infrastructure as a service, platform as a service, software as a service)
- with modern cloud concepts (hybrid cloud with mixed on- and off-premise), cloud security, efficient cloud management and reliable eco-system integration
- reference architectures, patterns and best practice to support standardization, reuse, security, compliance and interoperability
- automation, machine learning and applications of artificial intelligence considered a plus
- background in Enterprise Architecture, with ability to develop, structure, formulate, and communicate IT infrastructure target architectures and strategies
• good insight into market developments and trends in information technology
• strong problem-solving and synthesizing skills
• excellent communication skills
• committed to work in teams and to collaborate
• technically and architecturally savvy with an appreciation for IT infrastructure services
• able to work across organizations and functions working closely together with the customers to understand their needs.