18 days ago
The Controls & Energy Manager will be responsible for analyzing current energy usage identifying opportunities for improvement and developing the operational energy management plan in order to provide proper environmental conditions with cost effective energy utilization. The successful candidate will join our existing team across the UK providing support to our customers within our Schools and Ministry of Justice portfolios.
Location: UK CENTRAL
Salary: DOE plus Amey benefits and choices
Home-based and primarily covering the Central UK region, some travel away from home will be required. The role will come with a company car and a generous reward package.
What will this role involve?
Building Systems and Controls
* The Controls & Energy Manager will be responsible for the HVAC controls and Building Management Systems across a number of sites.
* Work with colleagues and suppliers to ensure that the BMS is maintained and developed to optimise energy efficiency and provide effective control of HVAC and other building systems
* Work with colleagues to ensure that all building control systems (such as lighting controls) are effectively maintained to ensure efficient operation.
* Provide support to clients and building users to allow the most efficient use of relevant control systems
Identifying Opportunities for improving utilities efficiency
* Recommend sound policies directed toward energy and water conservation.
* Develop long-range plans for implementing innovations to improve energy and water efficiency, utilising consultants where necessary.
* Develop improvement plans to ensure the best operation in the area of HVAC and energy equipment maintenance.
* Pursue an aggressive program to reduce site costs for energy.
* Work alongside Maintenance & Operations teams and building users to provide optimum facility comfort while reducing energy consumption levels.
* Assist maintenance managers in evaluating HVAC and energy equipment maintenance staff to ensure effectiveness.
* Review and recommend equipment and technologies to deliver improved energy efficiency as part of asset replacements and renewals.
Data Management & Reporting
* Provide regular reports as to the overall effectiveness of the utilities management program.
* Collate and Compile regular reports on utilities consumption and efficiency in line with contractual requirements
* Provide analysis of utilities data to highlight changes in consumption, their potential causes and areas for further investigation or focus
Commercial and Contractual Awareness
* Ensure that utilities management operations are supportive of the client’s and contractual objectives to optimise energy and water consumption
* Identify the most appropriate route for funding improvements designed to improve energy & water efficiency
* Liaise with Commercial Manager and equipment suppliers when conducting bidding process for equipment upgrades and retrofits.
* Work with Commercial Manager to ensure that potential and actual commercial risks related to utilities consumption are understood.
* Maintenance teams
* Line Manager
* Client team
* HSEQ Team
What are we looking for?
* At least 3 years’ experience in Energy/Utility management
* HVAC Systems & Building Management Systems Controls
* Demonstrable experience in energy and water management within buildings
* Experience of collating, managing and analysing data to report on utilities consumption and identify areas for further investigation
* take the initiative to develop needed professional skills appropriate to job assignments.
* demonstrate behaviour that is professional, ethical, and responsible and serve as a role model for all site staff.
* employ effective interpersonal skills
* adaptable in roles, multi-tasking when necessary.
* to work closely with all colleagues and enhance the team value.
* Effectively communicate with a wide variety of people representing different views, requirements and perspectives
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better