22 days ago
Control Systems Engineer - Milton Keynes
Friday 26 March 2021
The Control Systems Engineer develops and integrates hardware and software to ensure the safe, reliable and comfortable operation of Niftylift’s Mobile Elevating Work Platforms.
Responsible to: Systems Engineering Manager
Liaison with: Design Engineers, Development Engineers, Development Technicians,
The Role in More Detail
* Write, develop and test module-level code in-line with the software development process.
* Develop product-level code to support the development of new products.
* Modify module-level and product-level code to assist with the test and validation of new products.
* Specify software functionality.
* enerate bespoke test software to assist with general test and validation activities.
* Follow good practice for revision control and commenting within the code to ensure traceability and facilitate knowledge capture.
* Support software updates for machines currently in production.
* Integrate product hardware and software.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & experience
The ideal candidate would have:
* A strong academic background.
* A degree in a relevant field (candidates without a degree will be considered if they can demonstrate extensive and relevant industry experience).
* Experience of developing software for mobile machinery.
* Experience in software development for electro-mechanical systems.
* Knowledge of PLC programming using CODESYS (especially using FBD ‘Functional Block Diagram’ and ST ‘Structured Text’ languages).
* Knowledge of control of hydraulic valves.
* Experience in software development using the V-Model.
* Experience in software development using MS Visual Studio (C, C#, C++) advantageous.
* Methodical and systematic approach
* Able to work as part of a team or individually
* Good attention to detail
* Strong problem-solving ability
* Excellent communication skills
* Desire to learn
* Ability to consistently produce a high quality of work
The above role offers a competitive salary, healthcare scheme, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance scheme.
Please send CV and covering letter (including expected package) via the link below.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
All data supplied will be used for recruitment purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.