6 months ago
Requisition ID: 216772
* Relocation Authorized: None
* Project No.: 26129
* Grade: 26
* Position to be Panel Interviewed? No
1. JOB PURPOSE
1.1 Manage the contractual and commercial relationship with the Phase Two Professional
Services Consultants responsible for managing the hybrid Bill phase of the project to
achieve Royal Assent and the subsequent handover to the delivery phase. Responsible for
ensuring an integrated approach between PSCs and the Integrated Development Team.
2.1 Ensure all contracts are contractually and commercially managed as required, including
responsibility for ensuring all contractual timescales are adhered to.
2.2Manage and monitor the contract deliverables received from the consultant and ensure
they are communicated to the appropriate responsible and accountable owners to ensure
HS2 meets the contractual timescales.
2.3Manage and monitor the contract deliverables to be provided by HS2 to the consultant
and ensure all such deliverables and associated communications to the consultant are
completed in a timely manner to ensure HS2 Ltd meets its contractual obligations.
2.4 Lead and manage the day to day commercial relationship with the PSCs including
ensuring a collaborative and integrative approach is being taken with all PSCs and across all
• Promote an environment of collaboration
• Deputise for the Senior Contracts Manager, as required.
• Support the Senior Contracts Manager in the administration of the Phase Two DP contracts
and in ensuring contract management activities are aligned and delivered to the contract
• Support the Phase Two project delivery team and other HS2 directorates in the
administration of Employer's Representative duties.
• Support the Senior Contracts Manager by providing appropriate commercial information to
promote informed decision-making.
• Support the Senior Contracts Manager in providing information for Commercial Reports.
• Understand, review and implement HS2 contractual, commercial & financial system
• Understand and review the project funding and delivery budget.
• Take the lead for effective cost control, maintaining close liaison with functional managers
for Project Controls, Change Management, Planning, Risk Management, Finance and
• Liaise with the project controls team with respect to the consultants progress, spend and
• Undertake regular commercial reviews of all consultant costs, including their subconsultant
costs, and implement appropriate mitigation measures as required and generally
proactively manage contract expenditure against project budget.
• Ensure that periodic reporting and cost data are accurately managed for the Actual Cost of
Work Performed (ACWP) and the Estimate to Complete (ETC) and any variances against
budget are explained in commercial reports.
• Lead and proactively manage the Early Warning process.
• Proactively support mitigation measure initiatives captured on the contract risk registers.
• Lead and proactively manage change instructions, including managing the progress of
change requests through the HS2 governance structure and in association with other HS2
• Take the lead in the assessment of quotations and assessments by others in connection
with Compensation Events.
• Provide an early warning system for commercial and financial implications of potential
• Oversee claims rejection, negotiation or acceptance procedures.
• Ensure all appropriate IDT team members are fully informed of the status of claims.
• Review risks, change and claims against budget and contingency spend.
• Agree justification and release of contingency monies.
• Determine the amount that should be paid to the consultant in each period, including
carrying out audits and taking disallowed costs into consideration.
• Ensure the consultant is timeously paid the appropriate amounts in accordance with the
contract; including expenses and any incentive payments.
• Make sure all works delivered represent value for money and ensure that fair and effective
commercial management processes are implemented and maintained during the life of the
• Support the Senior Contract Manager in final account negotiations and settlements of the
contracts and support the team with the contract phased close out report.
• Manage all contractual and commercial communications in accordance with the contract.
• At all times manage compliance with HS2 Ltd Commercial Governance rules.
• Ensure collaborative working to ensure client side functions are operating effectively and
not presenting barriers to the PSC’s ability to deliver.
3. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
3.1 experience of assisting the Employer’s Representative under the NEC3 form of contract and application
of core processes relating to risk management;
3.2 experience of contract management of technical services contracts using the NEC3 form of contract
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.