3 months ago
Contractor Assurance Advisor
Requisition ID :2019-61150
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Human Resources
Position Type : Fixed Term
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Contractor Assurance Advisor on a fixed term 12 months basis, based in Aberdeen.
* Making verbal and written offers to contractors/agency workers, advising them of the screening process and what is required before they can start their assignment.
* Sending out draft contracts to contractors/agency workers where requested.
* Confirming candidate start date and induction details.
* Maintaining regular contact with contractors/agency workers to understand and resolve any issues/queries.
* Advising candidates on relevant legislations including Agency Worker Regulations (AWR) and IR35.
* Assisting contractors/agency workers within depth payroll and VAT queries.
* Arranging and hosting regular Contractor Assurance events, workshops and seminars for both contractors/agency workers and clients.
* Visiting contractors/agency workers and key clients on site.
* Maintaining regular contact with key client representatives (including HR, hiring managers, project managers) to understand issues and upcoming activities that will affect the contractors/agency workers and client.
* Advising and updating clients/contractors & agency workers on changes in legislation and legal requirements.
Skills / Qualifications
* Intermediate or advanced knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Agency models and contractors (i.e. Limited company contractors, PAYE, sole traders, umbrella).
* Legislations (including IR35), legal requirements and insurances for contractors.
* Previous experience dealing with contractors/agency workers and clients within a fast paced and demanding environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to manage a high volume of work and prioritise.
* Confidentiality is essential.
* Manage a high volume of work and prioritise.
* Work as a part of a focused and driven team.
* Meet deadlines.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.