about 1 month ago
* Job Title: Contract Administrator - Balance of Plant
* Requisition ID: 212995
* Relocation Authorised: None
* Project: Wylfa Newydd Nuclear Power Station
* Location: Gloucester, UK
* Other Requirements: Ability to obtain required BPSS security clearance
The Wylfa Newydd Project will be executed under a Project Management Contract (PMC), in which the overall scope of services is to provide project management services, including Project Controls, Contract Management, and Construction Site Management to facilitate the delivery of two electric generating plants at Wylfa Newydd Nuclear Power Station (WNNPS) using the Hitachi ABWR design as described in the Generic Design Application.
Administers large moderately complex contracts. Maintains a continuing review of the progress of each contract and provides management with information regarding any financial, legal or technical difficulties. Prepares change order and amendments, negotiates with contractors and customers to obtain settlement.
This position will be in Gloucester, UK. Relocation to the site will be required when Construction begins at the site.
Principal Duties may include but are not limited to:
1. Implement the Division Responsibilities Matrix which records the Project’s agreed assignment of various contract management tasks and the Standard Work Process Procedures applicable to Contract Administration.
2. Administers assigned contracts maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical difficulties.
3. Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, contract performance, contract administration and other major matters.
4. Administers moderately complex contract changes by negotiating with customer personnel and obtaining settlement.
5. Represents Bechtel in contractual discussions of moderate complexity.
6. Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of contract terms and conditions.
7. Analyse the contract general terms and conditions to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work. As work proceeds, make recommendations to the Site Manager on the mitigation of these risks; closely monitor and support remedial actions and recommend appropriate tradeoffs.
8. Responsible for the development and management of appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions.
9. Prepares periodic status reports for management.
Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills.
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
Experience in developing contract types, fee arrangements and contract terms.
Thorough knowledge of contract administration, home office and field procedures and documents relating to a multi-discipline construction project
Some basic knowledge of contract types, terms and legal requirements.
Some basic knowledge of law, negotiations, accounting or cost engineering gained through education or experience
Previous Bechtel Project Experience
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.