8 months ago
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Location: Waresley, Kidderminster, covering Wienerberger's brick sites in the Midlands
Hours: Full Time 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
We are currently seeking to recruit a Continuous Improvement Engineer to cover Wienerberger's brick sites in the Midland region.
Founded in Vienna in 1819, Wienerberger is a leading provider of wall, roof and landscaping innovations. In the UK, Wienerberger has 4 showrooms, 13 production sites and 6 distribution depots, with its Head Office in Cheadle, Cheshire.
Worldwide, Wienerberger has 198 production sites and the Wienerberger Group generated revenues of € 2,900 million in 2016.
Offering in excess of 1000 products, Wienerberger’s range includes the Terca and Porotherm brands as part of its wall category, Sandtoft as part of its roof category, and Penter as part of its paving category. Providing a wide range of building material solutions, Wienerberger's roof offering also includes Keymer, one of the oldest established roofing brands in the UK, crafting handmade tiles and fittings since 1588.
* To support the factories and operations in their implementation of the Plant Improvement Programme (PIP+) by facilitation, training, and coaching of employee groups and improvement teams.
* To embed the CI programme within the factory whilst delivering measurable and sustained cost-out improvements through the utilisation of lean tools and techniques.
* To coordinate the Wienerberger PIP+ roll-out programme
* Training and coaching of teams in Lean tools and techniques
* Facilitation of improvement teams
* Be a major advocate of the Lean/CI/PIP ethos and methodologies
* Development of continuous improvement projects from initiation through to delivery.
* Establish metrics and KPI’s to provide plant with quantifiable gauges of results and impact of lean activities.
* Prepare and keep up to date a Wienerberger Ltd Lean/CI/PIP Handbook/Manual.
* Stay up to date in the application of process improvement tools and techniques
* Build internal relationships across all departments
* Be prepared to lead a number of projects involving hands-on interaction, good problem solving techniques, generating enthusiasm and supporting the teams.
Skills & Experience:
Minimum graduate level or similar level education in a manufacturing or engineering discipline.
Minimum 2 years’ experience of lean coaching Project management skills and experience.
Strong team facilitation skills, especially managing change, managing teams, coaching and training others.
Process Mapping/VSM, FMEA, Pareto and Ranking and Process Capability (cp and cpk)
Hands on approach at all levels.
Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines
An appreciation of production/process management within the manufacturing industry.
Formal lean qualifications.
Demonstrate successful experience of working with Lean tools and techniques - 5S, OEE, Problem Solving, Kaizen, 7 Wastes,
Highly credible and influential personality with tangible experience in the field of continuous improvement and culture change.
Project management skills