10 months ago
Title : Contaminated Land Assessment and Remediation Consultant
Requisition ID :2018-29990
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Geotechnical
Additional Work Location : GB-Warwickshire-Leamington Spa
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Contaminiated Land Assesment and Remediation Consultant to join our team in Reading.
Wood have an opportunity for a motivated and solution focused individual with 2-3+ years experience to join and contribute to our successful and expanding remediation and ground engineering team. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect.
We have an opportunity for a contaminated land / geoenvironmental professional supporting our broad range of public and private sector clients on a variety of projects, within the UK, Europe and globally. Key requirements include technical knowledge and robustness, flexibility and the desire to continue improving performance in all aspects of your role.
* Delivery of technical elements of projects and proposals within agreed budgets in relation to time and cost
* Completion of site works, inclusive of logging, sampling and monitoring as well as Contractor supervision
* Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards
Skills / Qualifications
* Relevant technical degree e.g. chemistry, engineering, geology or environmental science
* A higher degree in contaminated land, hydrogeology, geotechnical engineering, or similar, is desirable
* Experience of delivering assessment of land contamination within the UK regulatory framework and with regard to current and future use of a site
* Experience in the planning, designing and ground investigations and undertaking site work associated with investigation or remediation of land contamination; and
* Ability to present technical information in a concise and accurate manner
* Communicate effectively, listen and engage, including communicating technical information effectively verbally and in writing
* Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of role
* Work in collaborative project teams to achieve results by effective communication, sharing of information etc; and
* Flexibility to work across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments. A full UK driving licence is required
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.