3 months ago
Reading, England, United Kingdom
anywhere in UK
Area of Interest
Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You'll Do:
We have an exciting Security Consulting Systems Engineer role open in our Global Security Sales Organization! You will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a passion for delivering world-class technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. As part of your DNA, you are an aggressive, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Cisco's opportunity within the customer environment, position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco's Security Architecture, articulate Cisco's product and business strategies, and create the demand that makes deals happen!
Check out for details:
* Serve as the subject matter expert in Cisco Security Solutions
* Provide guidance and assist account teams within the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs
* Work with technology experts to help them position Cisco's security solutions effectively against competing offerings.
* Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for major account opportunities
* Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements
* Understand and articulate Cisco's architectures and services within Security technologies
* Create, present and document technical solutions
* Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects
* Drive identified major account opportunities (i.e. - technical consulting, upper-level management presentations, and Cisco technology solutions) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership
Who You'll Work With:
In this role as Security Consulting Systems Engineer, you will provide guidance and assist account teams within the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs. In this position, you will be working with technology experts to help them position Cisco's security solutions effectively against competing offerings.
Who You Are:
* Minimum 7+ years of technical sales or pre-sales experience with 5+ years in Security specialization experience with IDS/IPS, AV, Firewall, Advanced Malware Protection technologies
* BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent highly preferred
* Pre-sales experience required
* Successful quota achievement
* Proven track record or managing and winning technical and high value IT security projects
* Experience of administering Unix/Linux systems, low-layer (packet-level) IP networking and have a thorough understanding of network security
* Solid presentation and interpersonal skills
* Commercial awareness and communication skills
* Highly motivated self-starter that does not need day-to-day management
* Desirable experience including press experience, delivering training courses, prior experience with Cisco/Sourcefire security technologies, experience with programming languages such as UNIX shell, Perl or C
*CCIE Security, CISSP highly preferred
*Fluent in English.
*Cybersecurity market knowledge
Why Cisco Security:
Cisco Security - Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.