about 1 year ago
Consultation / Stakeholder Engagement Manager - Consultant or Senior Consultant
Requisition ID :2019-34924
Work Location :GB-Various
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Additional Work Location : GB-Avon-Bristol
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Additional Work Locations
GB-Avon-Bristol | GB-London
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
We have an excellent opportunity for a stakeholder engagement/communications specialist or planner with postgraduate experience to join our successful and well-respected consultation and stakeholder engagement team in either London or Bristol.
The role would see you delivering consultation, stakeholder engagement and communications strategies for infrastructure projects and developments across the UK and joining a growing team of specialists within this discipline.
You would support the implementation of best-practice consultation, stakeholder engagement and communications strategies on behalf of both public and private sector clients for some of the most high-profile projects in the UK.
This role wound involve working on an exciting portfolio of well-known projects for developers such as National Grid and Heathrow Airport as well as agencies such as the Planning Advisory Service and the Homes and Communities Agency.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing team and to shape your future career within one of the country’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies.
You will be responsible for supporting the consultation and stakeholder engagement team in the development and implementation of consultation strategies for external clients, the delivery of community and wider stakeholder consultations and engagement events and the production of communications materials and reports.
The role requires a good understanding of the requirements for consultation, communications and engagement with a range of stakeholders, good written and verbal communication skills, efficient time management and the careful handling of client relationships.
Your main responsibilities within this role would include:
* Assisting with the production and implementation of stakeholder engagement strategies, advertising strategies and social media strategies
* Supporting internal and external engagement, consultation and communications teams in the development and delivery of consultation material
* Formulating and attending programmes of public drop-in consultation events, working within specific budgets and timeframes and coordinating internal and external colleagues from all technical disciplines
* Preparing communication materials such as web copy, brochures, newsletters and exhibition boards
* Assisting with analysing consultation feedback and writing consultation feedback reports
* Supporting the day to day management of client relationships and external agencies
Skills / Qualifications
* Appropriate postgraduate qualification in communications, public relations, planning or similar discipline
* Experience in a similar communications or engineering consultancy and / or infrastructure projects
* A good knowledge of local government and the planning process
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.