6 months ago
Want to shape the future of online experiences? So do we.
Join Our South West Technology Hub
Located in the heart of Bristol, a top 10 city in Europe for tech, you will be joining a new team that will comprise of analysts, creative designers, front-end engineers, solution engineers and testers, that will provide creative digital and technology services for our clients in the South West and beyond.
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you’re working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
Engineering at Deloitte Digital
At Deloitte Digital, our engineers are creative problem solvers. As part of our team you will be responsible for developing cutting-edge digital solutions for some of the largest, most ambitious organisations in the world. We build diverse teams bringing together a wealth of experiences and backgrounds to form the best cross-disciplinary teams. You will have the chance to work with some of the best technologists and strategists in the business, to shape the future of how we live, work and play. What unites us is our passion for world-class user experiences, innovative use of technology, eye-catching visual design and enterprise-level strategies.
As a proven engineer with a strong base of software engineering or IT ops experience, it will be your job to build and operate the technical platforms that underpin some of our most prominent delivery projects.
This is a multi-disciplinary role which will primarily take on infrastructure and environments management responsibilities that require specialist skills. You will also have a remit to help promote DevOps across all functions of a project or programme. We don’t just want “implementers”; we need people who can work in an embedded way with developers, business analysts and test managers, ensuring that systems are built in a way that makes them fast, maintainable, stable and able to handle frequent, incremental change.
As a DevOps engineer we’d like you to have:
* A solid technical background, with strong experience in implementation work; for example, enterprise Java development or infrastructure automation.
* Knowledge of IT operations and experience working on a team that has responsibility for some kind of end user service (support for of a software testing environment is ok).
* A foundational grasp of agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies, and evidence of successfully applying this knowledge when working in technical teams.
* Familiarity with what might be referred to as the "DevOps toolkit": continuous integration platforms, infrastructure-as-code and container platforms
We offer tailored career pathways
Recognising and developing the many diverse skills and interests that exist among our Consulting population allows us to consistently exceed the standards of excellence and innovation that our clients expect. Six Consulting Talent Models have been designed by leaders across 11 member firms and offer truly tailored career development opportunities. Each model is defined by differentiated, relevant learning, measures of success, and career trajectories that combine to help you realise your full potential at Deloitte and future-proof our business.
Your work, your choice
As a full time member of the Technology Hub our aspiration is for you to serve our clients in the South West either from the Hub in central Bristol or when required at client site in the region. We are committed to helping you balance the demands of work with your personal priorities through informal or formal agile working arrangements. We will support you, if you desire, to take advantage of the opportunities provided by our firm with clients in the UK, Europe and beyond.
Home Location: Bristol
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Being a DevOps Engineer at Deloitte Digital
Overall, you’re an idea person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer – that’s important. And you know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
We’re expanding fast, so we’re looking for people who are, by which we mean natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
As a DevOps Engineer you are expected to:
* Provide expertise in one or more of the following areas: systems administration, infrastructure automation, “full-stack” software development, virtualisation/cloud/container platforms, environments and configuration management.
* Collaborate daily with customer development teams, IT service groups and 3rd parties to build and operate environments for software testing and training purposes.
* Be a custodian of a team’s Deployment Pipeline; the set of technical and business assurance activities that support the transition of application and infrastructure services from development through to production.
* Coordinate the work of a small team of junior engineers, or the build of a sizeable application or tooling component.
* Be a thought leader and mentor to other team members.
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Visit our website to hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Familiesfor the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
* We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
* We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
* We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
* We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
* We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166661