12 months ago
Title : Consultant / Senior Consultant – Mechanical Engineer
Requisition ID :2018-24974
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Knutsford
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Mechanical
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking to recruit an experienced Consultant / Senior Consultant Mechanical Engineer that has previous experience of working across Proposals, FEEDs and EPC projects. The role will be based in Knutsford as part of a growing engineering team.
Key aspects of the role:
* Developing conceptual/strategy proposals into worked up business cases
* Review of technical specifications in respect of invitations to bid/ tender and preparation of proposal packages for waste processing equipment and waste heat recovery systems
* Provide specialist engineering support to regional projects in a major engineering contractor organisation
* Preparation of lump sum proposals and review of detailed estimates for same
* Preparation of Equipment Technical Specifications, such as Specification and Mechanical Data Sheets, for Enquiry
* Technical Evaluation / clarification of Supplier bids, plus the technical reports to support order placement
* Review of Process Data Sheets and Supplier documentation for integration within Project design, such as GA / Details / Stress Calculations / Fabrication Procedures
* Project technical support – familiarity with risk assessments, design reviews, constructability, HAZOP, etc.
* Technical comparison and evaluation of bids for compliance with requisition and applicable standards
* Technical supervision of supplier design and control of supplier interface, plus the co-ordination of interfaces with other engineering disciplines
* Technical support for installation and commissioning
* Working in multi-disciplinary teams
* Ability to work accurately, flexibly and to integrate their work with other discipline areas, whilst working to tight programme and budget constraints
* Have a heightened awareness of personal safety and a good understanding of the CDM Regulations
* Ability to travel and visit operational and construction sites as required, to act in a safe manner, and to asset survey, inspect, and witness test E&I equipment and control system installations
Skills / Qualifications
* Mechanical Engineering experience gained in developing waste, wastewater or other industrial processing environments.
* Experience of commercial and legal aspects of contracting
* Experience of proposal preparation
* Basic knowledge of proposals estimating
* Significant Mechanical Engineering experience gained across a number of process technology sectors: municipal waste, water/wastewater or other industrial processing environments
* Prior consultancy experience
* Flexibility to work across a number of sectors in which Wood operates
* Experience of MBT, EfW, MRF and AD systems
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.