about 1 year ago
Consultant / Senior Consultant - Contaminated Land / Geoenvironmental
Requisition ID :2018-24601
Work Location :GB-Warwickshire-Leamington Spa
Department / Discipline : Geotechnical Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Are you looking for your next step to help drive your career forward with the breadth and scale of skills you need to become a market best, delivered by working alongside key market specialists and blue-chip companies? To enable this, you will need to be part of a dynamic and growing organisation with a market leading pedigree, with the breadth and scale of projects and specialists to challenge and develop you.
Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions has a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, highly skilled and solution focused contaminated land / geoenvironmental professional to join and contribute to one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect. We are involved in many key projects of regional and national significance, which we deliver alongside our core UK and global framework projects.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, highly skilled and solution focused contaminated land / geoenvironmental professional to join and contribute to one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect. Our strong and solid order book enables us to invest in our teams through both project related experience and core technical/commercial training.
* Leading technical elements of projects and proposals to agreed budgets in relation to time, cost and quality.
* Management of medium/large scale geoenvironmental projects or tasks.
* Supervision of technical delivery, ensuring a high quality output.
* Leading interpretation and assessment of data to support site appraisals, including checking work undertaken by others.
* Leading site teams across a range of projects.
* Development of HSSE plans and RAMS.
* Identifying and securing new work opportunities.
* Support in the management of regional resources, with the potential for direct staff management
* Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
Skills / Qualifications
* Relevant technical degree e.g. geology, engineering, chemistry or environmental science.
* A higher degree in contaminated land, hydrogeology, geotechnical engineering, or similar, is desirable.
* Delivering assessment of land contamination within the UK regulatory framework, with regard to current and future use of a site.
* Leading, planning, designing of ground investigations.
* Regulatory negotiations/liaison.
* Design and site work associated with remediation of land contamination.
* Presenting technical information in a concise and accurate manner.
* Proposal preparation and delivery.
* New work identification and winning
* Leadership of project deliverables and teams.
* Communicate effectively, listen and engage, including communicating technical information effectively verbally and in writing both internally and externally.
* Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of role.
* Work in collaborative project teams to achieve results by effective communication, sharing of information etc.
* Flexibility to work across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
* A full UK driving licence is required.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.