about 1 year ago
Consultant / Senior Consultant - Air Quality
Requisition ID :2019-60358
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Consultant / Senior Consultant Air Quality Consultant in our London office.
The Air Quality Team within Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions has an established track record and an exciting portfolio of contracts and clients in the UK. We are currently working on projects in a range of sectors, including surface transport, aviation, government, nuclear energy, conventional and renewable energy, mining, general industry and oil and gas in the UK and internationally. We are currently working on the environmental planning for a flagship nuclear new-build project in the UK and the development of the Heathrow Expansion Project.
We are part of John Wood Group plc, a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets, with 60,000 employees based in 60 countries across the planet. Our technical expertise is sought as input to ESIA, HIA, Environmental Permitting, problem solving and solutions development, air pollution abatement studies and complex regional dispersion modelling studies.
Due to the continuing success of our team and our growing expansion into international markets, we currently have a vacancy for a motivated, early-career air quality professional who wishes to advance their technical, project management and business development skills.
* Providing technical inputs to air quality and carbon emissions inventories projects in the UK and overseas (it is not envisaged that any significant amount of overseas travel will be required).
* Assisting with the training and development of junior team members.
* Developing your project management skills on a technical and financial basis.
* Contribution to the overall technical innovation base of the team.
* Participation in business development, proposals development and work winning initiatives.
This role will provide the candidate with the opportunity to grow, develop and be part of the exciting future development of international air quality consulting services within Wood.
Skills / Qualifications
The desired candidate shall demonstrate the following attributes and qualities:
* First degree in a relevant scientific subject and, preferably, a Masters’ degree in an atmospheric or meteorological subject.
* A focused technical skill set, with associate corporate membership of relevant institution(s) and a clear and current understanding of the key air quality and sustainability issues facing civilisation now and in the future;
* Sound experience of technical assessment work in the air quality discipline since graduation, together with the ability to work individually with appropriate supervision. Knowledge of the use of relevant dispersion models and tools is essential (AERMOD, ADMS, ADMS-Roads, DMRB, WebTag);
* An ethical and open approach to consultancy and solutions development, combined with a desire to help grow and develop the technical and global reach of the air quality team.
* The ability to communicate clearly and inclusively with colleagues, clients and stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
* A commitment to working in multidisciplinary teams and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients alike.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.